Our client is looking for someone with hospitality experience, a can do attitude, and a knack for dealing with people to manage operations. First at Workshop17 and then regional as more spaces go live in the coming year.
We need someone to oversee that all operations run smoothly. Someone who problem solves with the team onsite and together with them strives to continuously improve the customer experience and day to day operations. Someone who supports and builds the team performance and spirit. Not as a bossy boss, but in the spirit of co working. Someone who builds and maintains strong relations with key stakeholders in our ecosystem.
The job starts out as operations manager at Workshop17, our space in the Waterfront. In course of the coming year the job will become regional, overseeing 3 or 4 spaces in different areas in the Western Cape.
- Operations: play a pivotal role in facility service operations throughout the region, including managing move coordination, capacity and space planning, and implementation of new processes and procedures. Collaborate with various partners and cross functional teams to ensure an efficient, productive integration for such things as office moves, vendor management, information transfers, data analysis, new program implementation and related activities
- Hospitality: driving five-star hospitality service through all verticals
- Team: Support and drive location team performance
- Facilities and budget: manage operating budget, oversee property management services and vendor service contracts, manage landlord relations and oversee landlord operational support engagement on a regular basis for seamless operations and project work
- Service providers: manage outsourced programs that help to maintain day-to-day operations and amenities. Act as the ‘on-site’ liaison and be responsible for managing vendor service, purchase orders, space planning, etc.
- Maintenance: ensure completion of the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery, and overall facility appearance. Assist in developing organisational strategies and directly manage and drive all facility related projects, improvements, facility expansions and relocations
- Space development: manage refurbishment, renovations and office moves; plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- Seven years of service experience in a combination of facilities management, hospitality, office and event services or equivalent experience.
- Experience with property and/or facilities management, food services, leases, property terms and practices.
- Experience developing and managing budgets (e.g., capital budget justification) with financial acumen, contract management, and purchasing skills.
- Hospitality experience is advantageous
- General knowledge of leases, space planning and office moves, in order to meet the business needs of individual field offices
- Ability to handle multiple requests, work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to be responsive to customer requests/service issues
- Team player and team management skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment and to oversee on-site projects or implementation of national initiatives through to completion. Understanding and knowledge of industry trends and direction
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to remain calm while managing crisis issues and communications
To apply for the position please forward your CV to
Posted on 09 May 17:02
Get job alerts for Operations Manager jobs
- Traffic/Operations Manager, Johannesburg, Illovo, Sandton
- General Manager Operations, Johannesburg, Lanseria, Randburg, West Coast Personnel
- IT Operations Manager, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Regional Operations Manager, Johannesburg
- IT Manager – Infrastructure/Operations, Pretoria, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Franchise Operations Area Manager, Johannesburg, Datafin
- Infrastructure Operations Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston, BitCo
- Retail Operations Manager, Johannesburg, North Rand, MPRTC Recruitment
- Human Resource Operations Manager, Johannesburg, Sunninghill, Sandton