- Ad Placed : 20 Jun 2018 15:01:44
- Remuneration : R 6500 – R 15000 – PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Skilled Technician
- Industry :
- Health and Skincare
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : Regenesis Training
All rounded needed for a high end spa in Paarl Qualified in beauty therapy and nail technology – facials, massage, manicures&pedicures, wraps, acrylic, extensions (tips), Gelish and gel. Great basic salary with fabulous commission structure and incentives! Mature and passionate. Able to work in a team environment. Well groomed with good verbal and written communication. Flexible and able to work shifts from 8am-8pm.
To Apply for this Job,
Corporate Communication Division
(One-year contract position)
The corporate communication division creates a competitive advantage for Stellenbosch University by strategically positioning the brand favourably, implementing effective communication programmes and optimising stakeholder relationship management, thereby enabling the university to realise its aspiration of being an inclusive, innovative, and future-focused institution. The division offers a dynamic and interesting work environment. Most of the division’s activities are deadline-driven, fast-paced, and linked to extended working hours. The copy editor will be a member of the team responsible for communication and stakeholder relations, and report directly to the content hub manager.
The corporate communication division is responsible for a variety of digital and printed publications, media releases, video productions, web content and communication campaigns. The purpose of this position is to ensure excellent quality content (in various formats) as an output of the content hub; ensure alignment of content with institutional and divisional objectives; coordinate content distribution to various channels, and to provide on-the-job training for journalists as may be necessary.
- Writing, editing, translating, and proofreading various texts with emphasis on editing and adapting
- Adapting copy (rewriting, editing, reverting to writer) to improve readability, accuracy, style, and clarity
- Adapting copy for various channels, target audiences, and platforms
- Ensuring that, where required, content is aligned with institutional core messages
- Verifying facts, dates, and statistics and using standard reference sources to ensure accurate and top-quality texts
- Compiling and updating style guides
- Providing guidance and training journalists to ensure content of exceptional quality
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- At least five years’ relevant and proven experience of working with text in various formats
- Computer proficiency: MS Office
- Excellent language proficiency in both Afrikaans and English, as content output is in both languages
- Proven creativity in copy generation and/or copy revision
- Ability to function in a multi-language and multicultural environment
- Meticulous execution of functions and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and to use own initiative
- Ability to function well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work irregular/long hours
- Valid drivers licence
- Knowledge of the higher education sector
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (degree or diploma)
- Ability to edit, rewrite, proofread, and adapt copy equally well in Afrikaans and English, and the ability to translate equally well from Afrikaans into English, and from English into Afrikaans
- Ability to write/adapt content for digital, printed and other communication channels, as well as social media
- Experience of editing academic/scientific/technical texts for publication in mass media/popular communication channels
Commencement of duties: 1 August 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. The contract position is for a period of 12 months as from the starting date.
Closing date: 29 June 2018.
Enquiries regarding this post: Susan van der Merwe, Director: Communication and Stakeholder Relations, on 021 808 4634, or at
(Enquiries related to job content only. Applications to be submitted online. Please do not send CVs to this email address.)
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The university will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The university reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and email address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The university reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the university within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 20 Jun 08:34
Get job alerts for Copy Editor jobs
PR, Media and Digital
Jhb: 011 883 5404
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media Industries
Lynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989
Tel: 011 465 9368
- Estimate effort for testing tasks.
- Define the test approach for each sprint.
- Extract test requirements for user stories.
- Design and create test cases.
- Execute test cases manually/automated.
- Manual front-end functional testing of applications – which includes system, integration, regression and end to end testing as well as exploratory testing.
- Collaborate closely with developers, identifying, logging, prioritising and verifying defects in a defect tracking system.
- Manage and maintain the test environments and test data.
- Implement automated tests.
- Develop test tools and extend test frameworks and test environments.
- First line support and root cause analysis of production issues and proactive, friendly, transparent and efficient support service.
- Play a central role in establishing best practises for testing in an agile environment.
- Continuous improvement initiatives specifically with regard to quality.
- Product risk mitigation thereby limiting defects in production.
- Project risk mitigation thereby ensuring a smooth deployment process.
- Manage and maintain the regression test suits (manual/automated).
- Carry out exploratory testing.
- Final sign-off of new releases.
- Degree in computer science/business information systems ideal, but solid experience will be considered as well.
- Understand the systems you are testing.
- Know how to write SQL.
- Know where it is most effective for an automated test to live. (Unit, Integration, E2E)
- Understand the benefits of manual testing but also the costs.
- Care about releasing great software.
- Experience testing financial applications.
- You will need to help solve the complex testing issues we face.
- You will need to help solve the small testing issues we face.
- Enjoy complicated numerical calculations.
- Can speak the same language as the developers.
- You continually try to improve your testing skills.
- You read widely about what is happening in the world of testing.
- You know that learning didn’t end with the last course you did but rather it’s continuous for the rest of your life.
- Able to deal with a wide range of people often under severe stress.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to
and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 19 Jun 14:12
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
Get job alerts for Software Tester jobs
- Software Tester, Cape Town, Muizenberg
- Software Tester, Cape Town, Westlake
- Intermediate Software Mobile Tester, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Software Tester, Cape Town, Cardilogix
- Software Tester, Cape Town
- Vehicle Tester, Cape Town, Epping
- Mobile/Web Tester, Cape Town, Cardilogix
- Mobile Tester, Cape Town, Cardilogix
- QA Tester, Cape Town, Cardilogix
- Ad Placed : 19 Jun 2018 09:18:21
- Remuneration : R 4200 – R 4200 – PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Contract
- Employment Level : Unskilled
- Industry :
- Region : Western Cape / Cape Town
- Company : 1 Four All Recruitment (Pty) Ltd
A client of ours is running a 8month Learnership program at their car dealership based in Capetown. Candidates will earn a NQF level 2 certification, upon completion. Stipend:R4200 per month Ref:CarLearCPT1 Minimum Requirements: • Mechanical Trades: NTC3 or technical Matric • No older than 25 years old To apply, please send a copy of your CV and any relevant Certificates to us at 1fourall recruitment. We do not charge candidates any fees. All calls will be answered between 11am and 1pm (Mon to Friday) No telephonic applications will be considered. Fax number: 086 539 7894 (Mark it attention Peter) Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Tel:061 403 4436