|Remuneration:||Basic plus commission|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Title: International recruitment officer
Reporting line: Postgraduate recruitment officer
Location: Observatory, Cape Town
Start date: 7 January 2019
Job title and summary of the position:
International recruitment officer, Afda
The International Recruitment Officer (IRO) drives the execution of the marketing strategy of international recruitment and admissions for all courses and all campuses in order to reach student number targets. With the reporting line to Postgraduate Recruitment Officer (PGRO), this role may also work on postgraduate admission processes. A good understanding of international events, current affairs and global trends is important for this position to gauge opportunities and aspects affecting international appeal to study at Afda in South Africa.
This includes the following Core Value Points (CVP’s) under the strategic leadership and instruction of the PGRO:
- Strategy execute strategy via programme and campus promotion, coordinating adhoc when needed and seeking more opportunities and regions for successful recruitment, admission and conversion to the enrolment of international (and postgrad) students.
- Student recruitment via securing/ confirming/ coordinating new recruitment activities and occasionally travelling to schools/events to present about Afda’s programmes to build a database of enquiries in order to achieve targets. Ultimately recruitment activities should be increased year on year. Execute recruitment and drive attendance for on-campus events and workshops. Facilitate regular consultations and individual contact with the prospective student market to keep up with targets.
- Admissions administration via processing of and communication with applicants with individual follow up and feedback systems, in order to keep up with targets and submitting a weekly EAaCR report.
- Advertising and branding via seeking and suggesting new placement opportunities, facilitating production as needed and managing campus material stock to reach and engage the market.
- Communication and relationships through PR and Social Media alignment, bulk communication and feedback data.
Role responsibilities and duties
As an extension of the core value points, the following duties are expected to be fulfilled in relation to international (and postgraduate):
- Ensuring continuous and quality calling (outgoing/follow-up) and speaking to (incoming) enquiries interested in Afda
- Ensuring all applications are processed timeously and accurately with prompt communication and excellent customer service, including issuing of acceptance letters electronically and in hard copy
- Maintain consistent and accurate data and records on file, and channel admissions approvals according to required processes and policies
- Communicating with applicants/students, processing applications and issuing visa letters in compliance with Afda policy and law
- Identifying, confirming and/or coordinating presentations/exhibitions (recruitment activities) with PGRO and representing Afda to the prospective student market (on and off campus) when required
- When relevant, coordinate and lead adhoc and/or recruitment assistant/s to ensure all processes are happening, targets and deadlines are met, deliverables are submitted
- Confident and professional communication with prospective students and related stakeholders (eg. parents) including booking and conducting face-to-face, email and calls as needed: consultations/Q&A, working on EAaCR conversions and recruiting of new students
- Assisting prospective students with the application process, booking and coordinating of consultations/contact time with prospective students and related stakeholders. Guiding applicants through the registration process in order to achieve optimum numbers (targets) for enrolment
- Generating and/or providing relevant and accurate documentation and information to prospective students and parents
- Preparing prospective students and related stakeholders for enrolment
- Schedule, organise, and attend all marketing activities and events including schools visits, expos, open days, workshops, etc.
- Drive the student registration process from application to enrolment
- Submit monthly requisitions to group marketing manager with a review from the line manager as required
- Proactively promote Afda’s image
- Ensuring accurate and timeous data-capturing, filing, record keeping and management
- Execute accurate weekly/bi-monthly/monthly reporting as required by line manager
- Maintaining a professional appearance in dress and presentation at all times
Accountabilities and authorities
- Recruit and manage adhoc
- Achieving monthly enquiries, applications, acceptance letter, contact and registration targets
- Achieving calling targets
- Communicating to the market as required to increase international (and postgrad) attendance at Afda events
- Make suggestions on strategy to line manager
- Discuss new opportunities that contribute to student number growth to line manager
- Report on additional factors influencing international student number intake when necessary and express needs to your team/ your role to line manager
Qualifications and skills and experience ie. capabilities
- Preferable to have a postgraduate honours qualification – from Afda or related field to marketing and recruitment
- Minimum to have an undergraduate degree qualification – from Afda or related field to marketing and recruitment
- Drivers license and own transport required (may be required from time to time)
- Microsoft Office: especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Customer relations experience is highly beneficial
- Team leadership experience is highly beneficial
- People’s person, friendly and approachable
- Focused and driven to achieve short term goals
- Thinks ahead and takes initiative within mandate to achieve long term goals
- Organised and process-driven
- Interest and/or related experience in the education industry and international relations for South Africa
Posted on 12 Dec 16:04
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.