|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Location:||Cape Town, Muizenberg|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
We have a fantastic job opportunity for a mid-weight designer specialising in print to join the team at an innovative boutique studio in Muizenberg, Cape Town. We’re looking for a brilliant multi-dynamic designer to bring their magic to a small team of fresh, innovative, and boundary-pushing art directors, creative directors, designers, and writers. The lucky successful candidate will work on carefully curated projects that ensure the team remains inspired and driven to deliver excellence. This exciting agency focuses on the fashion, tech, youth, culture and lifestyle industries. They are driven by strong creative ideas and encourage enthusiastic engagement and idea-sharing across the project deliverables. Sound good? Get in touch today!
- Designing through-the-line marketing elements.
- Conceptualising, designing and executing in-store signage such as store windows, free-standing units and product graphics.
- Developing and conceptualising new innovative packaging solutions.
- Creating high-quality presentations.
- Taking ownership of your own projects including communication, creative and execution.
- Setting up print-ready files for (mainly) POS systems and take ownership of the project by communicating with the printers and ensuring perfection from conceptualisation to execution.
- Ensuring all print-ready files that leave the studio are perfect.
RequirementsThe successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Proficient in InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator.
- An expert in print executions.
- Experience in POS design essential.
- Expert in all print communication aspects.
- Forward-thinking and able to take the initiative.
- Strong conceptual skills.
- Ability to come up with new and fresh ideas.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- A can-do attitude is essential.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Hardworking and agile.
- Fun and unique.
- On top of trends
- Can work well under pressure.
- An eagerness to learn and grow.
Please submit a relevant portfolio of print work (link/PDF) along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Viv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the Marketing, Advertising, Media, Digital, PR/Communications and Publishing industries.
Posted on 20 Jan 09:25
+27 21 442 1037
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Specialist jobs
- Junior/Mid-Weight Accountant, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent
- Sample Administrator, Cape Town, Elsies River
- Sales CRM Administrator/Coordinator, Cape Town, Sea Point, Premier Hotels & Resorts
- Senior Finance Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Corporate Finance Reporting Accountant, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Finance Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Accountant, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Digital Content Producer Intern, Cape Town, Highbury Media
- Office Manager, Maitland, Persuade
- Purchasing Administrator, Cape Town, Newlands, Claremont
- PPC Lead, Sea Point, Recruit Digital
- Social Media Community Administrator, Cape Town, Century City, Lead Capital Group
- Finisher, Cape Town, Maitland
- Junior Website Administrator, Cape Town, CBD, Ninety9cents
- Junior Accountant, Cape Town, Westlake Business Park, Tokai
- Website Administrator, Cape Town
- InfoSec Security Administrator, Cape Town, Century City, DigiOutsource
- Junior Accountant, Grabouw, Elgin Free Range Chickens
- Intelligence Analyst II – Health, Cape Town, Steenberg, Tokai
- Financial Integration Systems Analyst, Cape Town, Parklands
- Junior Operations Analyst, Cape Town, Claremont
- Junior Insights Analyst, Cape Town, Claremont
- Marketing/Brand/Communications Intern, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Visual Merchandiser Auditor, Cape Town, Rage
- Human Resources Business Partner, Cape Town, Durbanville
- Auditor/Accountant, Cape Town
- Payroll/Human Resource Administrator, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
- Accounts Payable Accountant, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Tokai
- Project Finance Administrator, Gardens, Cape Town
Cape Town – Temba Bavuma has rejoined the Proteas squad ahead of the fourth Test against England at the Wanderers.
The Proteas are still playing in the third Test at St George’s Park, where they are expected to lose on day five on Monday, but they will then make their way to Johannesburg on Tuesday.
Bavuma, Beuran Hendricks, Andile Phehlukwayo and Keegan Petersen have all been told to join the squad in Johannesburg on Tuesday, meaning they will miss this week’s 4-Day Franchise Series action.
Bavuma was controversially dropped from the Test side after being injured for the Boxing Day Test at the start of the series and told to go back to franchise cricket and bat his way back into the side.
Last week, he carded his highest-ever first-class score with a superb knock of 180 for the Lions against the Dolphins in Pietermaritzburg.
He is expected to replace the struggling Zubayr Hamza in the matchday XI, while the highly-rated Petersen is another option.
Hendricks and Phehlukwayo, meanwhile, will come into the conversation when discussing the replacement for premier strike bowler Kagiso Rabada, who has been suspended for the Wanderers.
The fourth Test gets underway on Friday.
Proteas Test squad:
Faf du Plessis (Titans, captain), Quinton de Kock (Titans), Dean Elgar (Titans), Keshav Maharaj (Dolphins), Rassie van der Dussen (Lions), Pieter Malan (Cape Cobras), Zubayr Hamza (Cape Cobras), Anrich Nortje (Warriors), Dane Paterson (Cape Cobras), Vernon Philander (Cape Cobras), Dwaine Pretorius (Lions), Kagiso Rabada (Lions), Temba Bavuma (Lions), Andile Phehlukwayo (Dolphins), Beuran Hendricks (Lions), Keegan Petersen (Knights).
– Compiled by Lloyd Burnard
— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) January 20, 2020
- Ad Placed : 20 Jan 2020 09:20:19
- Remuneration : R 20000 – R 25000 – PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Contract
- Employment Level : Professional
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal / Durban
- Company : Adaptive Consulting Services
A young and dynamic consulting firm is looking for someone to join their team. Responsibilities: • Record, verify, consolidate, and enter transactions. • Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information. • Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies. • Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries. • Summarize financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements. • Maintain and update fixed asset registers • Assist with tax audits and tax returns Education and Experience: • Bcom Accounting • PGDA (preferable) • Completed SAICA articles at a Mid-Tier firm (preferable) • Excellent communication skills Other requirements: • Own vehicle/ transportation to travel to and from clients • Must be able to work without supervision and alone. • Must be able to work flexible hours and from flexible work space. • Excellent time management skills • Ability to meet deadlines. email@example.com
To Apply for this Job,
A 23-year-old suspected gangster was arrested for the murder of a 28-year-old man in a taxi shooting in Port Elizabeth on Saturday.
It is alleged that the 28-year-old man, identified as Jimmy Valentine, and two other men were waiting for a taxi on the corner Durban Road and Cottrell Street in Korsten.
When a taxi arrived, three men pounced on it and opened fire, police spokesperson Colonel Priscilla Naidu said.
Valentine died on the scene but the two other men were not injured.
However, Naidu said stray bullets hit two people at a nearby barber shop. A 25-year-old man who was waiting for a haircut was shot in his hand and buttocks, and the barber was hit in his abdomen.
They were taken to hospital.
“It is further alleged that two suspects pointed a firearm at a driver (39) of a Ford ranger bakkie and they got into the bakkie and ordered him to drive off. The suspects got off further down Durban Road. The other suspect ran off on foot,” Naidu said.
The provincial Organised Crime Investigation unit arrested the suspected gangster at his mother’s house in Springbok Street, Gelvandale.
Naidu said he was out on bail for an attempted murder case.
He was detained for murder, two counts of attempted murder and the contravention of his bail conditions.
He is expected to appear in the Port Elizabeth Magistrate’s Court later on Monday.
A search for the other two suspects is under way.
Financial Planner – Northern Suburbs (Tyger Manor) Preferred Qualification: – Matric. • 120 FAIS Credits • RE 5 Qualification . • Financial planning experience. – Clear ITC/Criminal record Benefits: Flexibility – not office bound. Appointment Setter support 2 x Commission payments per month Commission 60/40 (no deductions) Access to a large existing client database In-depth Accredited training. Great working environment Unparalleled support and mentorship. Structured career path and on-going development Products: Liberty / Old Mutual / Momentum / Hollard / PPS To apply, Send CV with qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply for this Job,
An exciting opportunity exists with a leading car rental company for a candidate that is able to start from the bottom and work hard to gain valuable experience. This position is based outside working in all sorts of weather conditions and the successful candidate must have a drivers licence.
Open position : Rental Termination Agent
Area : Port Elizabeth
Type : Permanent position
Salary : R9590 + benefits
EE / AA position : Yes
Essential : Drivers licence and own reliable transport AND No criminal record
-Valid licence + own transport
-Any tertiary qualification an advantage
-Working hours include shift work, weekends + public holidays
-Experience working shifts would be advantageous
-Excellent communication skills
-Previous experience within customer service and able to deal with difficult customers
-Must be confident, well spoken and strong customer service skills
-Good and contactable references
– Assist customers on checking of vehicles on return and when collecting the vehicles
Candidates meeting all the above criteria are invited to email their CV to email@example.com
Please note, applications made via Facebook or LinkedIn will not be evaluated, only email applications will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not received contact from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The brains of kids who have a high risk of depression because they have parents with depression are structurally different from other kids’ brains, a new study finds.
Depression often first appears during adolescence. Having a parent with depression is one of the biggest known risk factors. Teens whose parents have depression are two to three times more likely to develop depression than other teens, research shows.
But the brain mechanisms behind this family risk are unclear.
To learn more, Columbia University researchers analysed brain images from more 7 000 children. They described it as the largest study of its kind done in the United States.
About one-third of the kids were at high risk because they had a parent with depression. In those kids, a brain structure called the right putamen – which is linked to reward, motivation and the experience of pleasure – was smaller than in children of parents without a history of depression.
The study was published online recently in the Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
“These findings highlight a potential risk factor that may lead to the development of depressive disorders during a peak period of onset,” senior author Randy Auerbach said in a university news release. He is an associate professor of medical psychology at Columbia’s College of Physicians and Surgeons, in New York City.
A transdiagnostic risk factor
Auerbach noted that prior research has linked smaller putamen volume to a reduced ability to experience pleasure, which is implicated in depression, substance use, psychosis and suicidal behaviours.
“Thus, it may be that smaller putamen volume is a transdiagnostic risk factor that may confer vulnerability to broad-based mental disorders,” he said.
Study leader David Pagliaccio, an assistant professor of clinical neurobiology, said that understanding differences in the brains of kids with familial risks may help identify those with highest odds for developing depression and could lead to improved treatment.
“As children will be followed for a 10-year period during one of the greatest periods of risk, we have a unique opportunity to determine whether reduced putamen volumes are associated with depression specifically or mental disorders more generally,” Pagliaccio said in the news release.
Image credit: unsplash.com
NEXT ON HEALTH24X
We are niched in the communications industry with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town from where we service all of South Africa, Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the rest of the world. Our portfolios include Digital, Creative and Client Service in Advertising, Marketing, Media, Public Relations and Corporate Communications.
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Durban, Westmead, Pinetown|
We’re on the hunt for fresh talent… We need a young, committed, digital administrator with fresh ideas and steady head to help us take our clients’ digital marketing efforts into the stratosphere!
Could that be you?
Maybe, but first, we need you to check some boxes… Can you wield digital platforms with the discipline, finesse and power of a samurai master? Are you an all-round lekker person? And are you willing to immerse yourself in a full spectrum of digital skillsets to learn, grow and one day become a digital marketing master of the universe?
If you said yes, yes and hell yes; then you might just be exactly who we are looking for!
But, before we can make you the next web advertising wizard or social media guru, we need to know who you are. So, put up your hand for this great gig by sending us your CV and if we also think that you’re awesome, we’ll be in touch.
Legal said we have to say this…so if you don’t hear from us in two weeks blah-blah-blah unsuccessful blah-blah-blah.
The nicest people in town!
- One year of experience in a social media marketing, online community management or similar position
- Professional in conduct
- Results driven and analytical
- The ability to think creatively and quickly when required (Who did Andrew Garfield play in The Social Network? Hey? WHO?)
- The ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate good English skills (good writing skills included)
- Demonstrate proactive thinking skills and ability to make decisions
- Ability to build relationships and customer service orientated (Not just on Facebook. In real life too)
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Performs well as part of a team and is good at motivating team work
- Well presented (Spinach in the teeth will not be tolerated)
- Comfortable in the digital marketing arena
- The ability to work well under pressure
Posted on 20 Jan 08:37
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Administrator jobs
Duties 1. Review existing finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and make recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives; 2. Planning – o Participate in organizational planning sessions; o Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans; o Develop financial and tax strategies; o Manage the capital request and budgeting processes; 3. Operations o Manage the accounting, human resources, legal, tax, and treasury divisions; o Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced; 4. Risk Management – o Understand and mitigate key elements of the organization’s risk profile; o Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry; o Construct and monitor reliable control systems; o Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors, funders and SAG; o Report risk issues to the line manager and audit committee of the board of directors; o Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations Requirements: o Master’s degree in accounting or business administration o Preference will be given to candidates with a CA and 3-year experience working on Global Fund; o 5 years’ experience in a senior managerial position in the NGO sector. firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply for this Job,
We bring what you need together in one site. No mess no fuss just what you need.