|Location:||Cape Town, CBD|
Our client is looking for an experienced, digitally savvy marketing specialist with a creative approach to problem-solving. The digital marketing specialist will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies and plans with a specific focus on online engagement, utilising social media, Web analytics, email marketing, search engine optimisation, among others.
The digital marketing specialist will be the custodian of our brand and take full responsibility for planning, creating, monitoring and evaluating the impact of marketing content and visuals, specifically digital material.
- Marketing strategy: develop and implement all marketing strategies and plans
- Communication: communicate with clients, affiliate networks and affiliate partners; communication with open space managers/community managers
- Content development & management: creative content planning, development and execution. Create and upload copy and images for the organisation’s website; write and dispatch email marketing campaigns; design website banners and assist with web visuals; contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns; contribute to company and industry blogs and manage e-communications; develop and integrate content marketing strategies
- Mobile marketing: includes app-based, in-game, location-based and SMS marketing. Website should be mobile enabled
- Partner engagement, communication and negotiation: assist with paid media – including liaising with digital partners and/or advertising agencies; manage the contact database and assist with lead generation activities; negotiate with media suppliers to achieve the best price for clients.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns: sponsored online advertising paid for by the business to appear alongside non-paid search results
- Research, analysis and Reporting: provide accurate reports and analysis to clients and company management to demonstrate effective return on investment (ROI); research new online media opportunities that may benefit the business including mobile, social media, development of blogs and forums; conduct keyword research and web statistics reporting; use web analytics software to monitor the performance of client websites and make recommendations for improvement; keep up to date with current digital trends
- Search engine optimisation (SEO): developing strategies to increase the number of visitors to a website by achieving high-ranking placements in search results
- Social media marketing: developing a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing or similar
- Two to three years’ marketing experience ideally within a hospitality environment
- Hospitality experience is advantageous
- Experience developing and managing marketing strategies and plans
- Experience developing visual content for marketing campaigns
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience developing marketing content
- Problem solving skills and an eagerness to learn
- Team player
To apply for the position please forward your CV to
Posted on 09 May 16:57