|Remuneration:||R13500 – R20000 per month negotiable Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Cell phone allowance and Umbrella Fund (compulsory)|
|Location:||Pretoria, Lyttelton Manor|
Plaas Media is looking for a journalist/writer with a flair for semi-technical writing in the agricultural field. The ideal candidate will have to write for magazines and online publications, as well as be able to do radio and online television interviews, as and when necessary.
Plaas Media is a media company specialising in agricultural content of a semi-technical nature published across printed, broadcast and online platforms.
The perfect candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be fluent in both Afrikaans and English.
- Be able to write semi-technical content for magazines and online platforms.
- Have 3 to 5 years’ experience as a writer.
- Preferably have experience in writing on agricultural topics.
- Be willing to travel.
- Have good interviewing skills, both for the purpose of writing articles and for recording radio interviews.
- Be able to break difficult technical content down to understandable reading material.
- Take good quality photographs with own camera.
- Be able to work according to a tight production schedule and meet weekly and monthly deadlines.
Possessing the following skills will be to your advantage:
- Radio and television interviewing skills.
- Recording short, good quality videos.
- Translating from English to Afrikaans and vice versa.
Submit only a short resumé of no longer than two pages. Longer CVs will not be considered. Do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
Posted on 13 Nov 16:03