One of the top ICT company’s in Cape Town who provides business and technology solutions to various industries seeks an Intermediate Technical Test Analyst to assure the quality of systems and software applications. The role involves finding and eliminating issues with the product while working alongside the software development team. A Tester writes test procedures and uses various tools to ensure that the quality and performance meets expectations
- Plan and agree to sprint goals.
- Develop test conditions / test cases.
- Develop and implement test case methodologies and processes dependent on training and experience.
- Responsible for test development and test execution (formal and informal).
- Contribute to the implementation of software quality assurance best practises.
- Find issues in the product, raise and discuss these with senior test analysts/test lead.
- Responsible for test execution (formal and informal).
- Responsible for performing various testing types as required (system, integration etc.).
- Work with the development team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process.
- Log and follow up on bugs found.
Reporting and documentation
- Create test execution and test status report.
- Develop and document test cases.
- Document test results and report on software defects.
- Create and maintain the regression test pack.
Analyses of user requirements
- Analyse user requirements and estimate the effort to complete the user stories/business requirements.
- Analyse test data required for test execution.
- Analyse defects to initiate the Improvement Process.
- Provide assistance with Release Management in planning and coordinating testing activities, with the rest of the test team, to ensure successful deployment of all releases to the QA environment.
- Grade 12 (matric) certificate or equivalent.
- Testing certification (ISTQB Foundation certification or Certificate Programme in Software Testing).
- IT Qualification, relevant tertiary degree or Diploma.
- Demonstrable web application testing.
- Minimum three years of relevant working experience.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst or ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst.
- Relevant business experience / exposure.
- Knowledge of Test management tools e.g. Jira, TestLink, and TFS).
- Test Automation Scripting.
- Understanding of SDLC.
- Familiar with SOA architecture and exposure to testing of web services.
- Experience in system testing.
- Experience in integration testing using relevant tools.
- Experience in stress testing/ performance testing using relevant tools.
- XML experience.
- Software Development background in C# or Java.
- Experience in security/penetration testing using relevant tools.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a Word copy of your CV to
and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.
Posted on 28 Apr 10:59
087 351 0743
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
Get job alerts for Test Analyst jobs
- Junior SAP Test Analysts, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Intermediate Test Analyst – Web UI Testing, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Technical Test Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Test Analyst – Manual, Cape Town, Datafin
- IT Test Analyst, Cape Town, Cape Union Mart
- Junior Test Analyst, Cape Town, Liquorice
- QA Tester, Cape Town, Datafin
- Analyst Developer – C#, Cape Town, Datafin