|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
The AAA School of Advertising is looking for a permanent senior faculty member to join the dynamic, adaptable and fully committed team at its Johannesburg campus.
You will report directly to the Executive Dean and Head of the AAA and, your responsibilities will include inter-alia:
- Assume overall responsibility for all Faculty matters pertaining to students and staff, inter-alia, performance and administration.
- Interface with the Executive Dean and Head of the AAA, the Financial Director and other Faculty Heads in the management of the Faculty.
- Liaise with the Johannesburg/Cape Town Faculty Heads regarding course structure, examinations, briefs, student matters, etc.
- Oversee all programmes in your faculty, inter-alia, course/programme design, work-load allocation, time tables, guest lecturers, internships.
- Oversee the quality of teaching and learning, and assessments of all academic programmes, including short courses.
- Develop and manage new modules, short courses and industry workshops, as and when required.
- Promote the image of the AAA, its students, products/programmes.
- Increase the involvement of advertising industry and other experts in training and the development of full and part time courses.
- Invite industry experts to address students and staff as guest lecturers.
- Oversee the functions of and, manage the Campus Registrar with regard to student administration, the running of part time courses, workshops etc.
- Lecture on full-time courses in terms of your expertise.
- Lecture part-time courses if and when required, for which you will be remunerated separately.
- Develop and conduct corporate training for which you will be incentivised through a profit-share model to be agreed to, with the financial director.
- Assume full responsibility for curriculum and new programme development, inter-alia, DEHT, CHE, SAQA, HEQC related matters.
- Oversee all assessments, ensure moderation and, sign off all students’ reports.
- Participate in graduations, organise student exhibitions, parent evenings, etc.
- Ensure that the Faculty is run in an effective and efficient way.
- Support the Campus Registrar to maintain accurate and updated student records and reports.
- Deal with student and parents’ complaints, and student disciplinary matters.
- Prepare and hand out to students/parents letters of warning as and when required.
- Manage and evaluate the academic staff once a year and provide feedback.
- Hold regular (monthly) Faculty meetings and record attendance and minutes.
- Ensure that issues related to transformation are addressed with regards to staff and students.
- Perform any other reasonable function as requested by the Executive Dean and Head of the AAA.
- A relevant PhD in Marketing/Marketing Communication
- Management and research experience in an academic or business environment
- M. Com/MBA (Marketing) degree
- Ad. Industry/marketing experience
- A thorough understanding of the advertising and communications industry
- At least five years’ lecturing experience
Posted on 28 Apr 11:01
AAA School of Advertising
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.