|Remuneration:||R30000 per month Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical aid contribution|
The art director’s role is focused on digital, creative and strategic innovation. This includes creatively applying a concept utilising digital innovation across digital channels to ensure a seamless, strategic digital journey to meet client briefs and their expectations.Job objectives
- Providing leadership and direction that harnesses the power of the collective team to achieve our business objectives
- Drive leadership in terms of Digital Design for our business and for clients
- Provide direct leadership and growth to team members and relevant resources
- Implementing and driving departmental targets and goals, helping each team member to achieve these goals
- Identify platform relevant innovations (eg. Google Marketing Platform, social channels, etc.) in order to share findings with team members
- Conduct research on the latest design industry trends (weekly) in order to enhance our creative offerings.
- Consistently research and update knowledge and skills on industry tools in order to remain relevant.
- Assist and manage junior/intermediate designers within the creative team
- Creative collaboration in order to drive conceptual development that can be expanded into multiple digital platforms/channels.
- Contributing to knowledge share sessions within the creative team in order to educate and drive experimentation of the new knowledge gained through research.
- Support overall team performance by enabling fluidity of skills/expertise transfer into other areas of the team.
- Ensure that creative outputs are in line with specifications required by platform partners in order for them to execute client campaigns seamlessly
- Ensure that SLA’s with external clients and platform partners are managed within efficient turn around times, in order to mitigate risks between platforms and clients.
- Delivery of Creative Digital Design presentations to internal team and external clients as and when required
- When required, ensure smooth running and delivery of all job outputs within the creative department
- Oversee and checking QA of all Junior team members creative work prior to escalation to the Head of Creative
- Adapting and craft digital executions from an existing concept for digital outputs, in order to ensure the correct application on digital platforms
- Ensure that daily billable hours are met in line with the company’s quarterly targets for self and junior team members
- Contributing, building and growing innovation within a digital creative aspect
- Day to day digital design for campaigns that are platform or channel-specific.
- Consistent and timely reporting of tasks/activities in order to ensure efficiency in studio management.
- Ensure that all creative output is presented in an acceptable manner to the client (Google Slides/Keynote).
- Clear communications with the operations division in order to ensure that deliverables correlate to creative time estimations.
- Consistent communication around team dynamics and workflow efficiencies in order to drive a progressive work environment
- Attend client briefings in order to define the direction of a creative brief
? 5+ years experience in Digital Design within an Agency environment (essential)
? Intermediate level of experience using Google Suite (Docs, Drive, Calendar, Slides, Sheets, Hangouts etc.)
? Intermediate level of experience using agile working systems (Workflowmax, Trello)
? 3+ Years of experience managing teams of people
? 5+ Years experience using Adobe Creative Suite (essential)
? Intermediate level of experience working in InVision and Sketch (desirable)
? 3+ Years experience within a Digital Marketing environment (essential)
- Knowledge of effective methods to derive and interpret client objectives.
- Knowledge of the broader design fields (graphic, multimedia, copywriting etc.)
- Knowledge of design principles
- Knowledge of design processes
- Knowledge and understanding of digital design trends and latest industry innovations
- Knowledge and understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Knowledge of TTL advertising
- Knowledge of digital platforms and channels (formats and outputs)
- Knowledge of Multichannel platform integration
- Knowledge of Multi programme integration (e.g. Adobe Illustrator to Photoshop)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent werbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be agile, and adapt the creative to changing trends in the industry
- Ability to have a high propensity to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and work on the intricacies of social and digital platforms/channels
- Ability to use Google Web Designer
- Key focus on attention to detail to ensure accuracy of design/interactive artwork supplied to platforms/channels
- Ability to determine which creative will best be suited on a specific platform
- Well-rounded skills using Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD) as well as Sketch and InVision
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work within a team and independently
Posted on 13 Nov 11:13