|Location:||Cape Town, Northern Suburbs|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
We have a position available for a person who is highly meticulous and enjoys working in a challenging environment. This role is responsible to perform internal reporting, analysis, costings and budgeting in order to monitor and support business decisions.
Key Performance AreasReporting:
- Compile quarterly NCR Reporting.
- Review management accounts and cost centre reporting and analysis for accuracy for Capfin Group of companies.
- Assist Management accountant where required to produce accurate reporting.
Budgeting and forecasting:
- Take the lead in budgeting and forecasting.
- Facilitating business decisions by providing scenario planning on a bi-annual, annual and ad-hoc basis.
- Updating and maintaining annual budget models for reporting requirements, this includes liaising with budget holders and obtaining sign-off of budgeted information to ensure a culture of ownership and hence accountability.
- Updates forecasting models monthly with actuals to keep an accurate rolling forecast.
- Updating the financial models with the updated book models, Debt Collectors budgeted model and workforce planning model.
- Running different scenarios and ensuring version control of the financial models and all third-party models (where affected).
- Updates forecasting models as business requirements change, new pricing agreements are implemented to ensure accuracy and relevance of models.
- Ensures transfer pricing models are updated as business requirements change to ensure accuracy and relevance of models and evaluate effects of transfer prices.
- Ensure balance sheet and cash flow is accurately represented in budget/forecasting models
- Design, construct and maintain financial models in alignment with the corporate calendar which includes:
- Refiguring existing budgeting/forecasting models to add in new legal entities/reporting requirements/enhancements.
- Design and construct new transfer pricing models as required for business purposes.
- Provide cost analysis as required to help facilitate business decisions.
- Provide cost analysis to calculate profit share within the Group, this includes costings for new loan and re-loans, origination channels and products.
- Ensures correct allocation of costs within the Group of companies to ensure accurate reporting.
- Liaises with various departments to ensure cost allocation is continuously monitored and correctly accounted for.
- Maintain standard assumptions to be used in cost analysis calculations to ensure information within the company is standardized across all financial models.
- Review cost allocation within the group and review costings. Ensure effective retailer profitability calculation.
- Assist in project accounting as required.
- Provide support to the Financial Manager and Team Members as required.
- CIMA Qualified/relevant financial degree
- Five years’ experience in management accounting role
- Advanced excel (non-negotiable)
- Financial reporting practices
- Financial modelling
- Costing methodologies
- IFRS standards
- Logical thinking
- Adhering to principles and values
- Information gathering and problem analysis
- Planning and organising
- Quality and detail orientation
- Presenting and communicating information
The closing date for applications is 15 February 2019.
Posted on 01 Feb 12:33
Capfin is the South African brand of the global Southern View Finance (SVF) group of companies, based in the northern suburbs of the Western Cape. The SVF Group of companies conducts an international unsecured lending business, offering technologically driven, responsible and friendly loan products to the mass market.
Get job alerts for Accountant jobs
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, University Estate
- Accountant / HR / Admin Position, Caledon, Elgin Free Range Chickens
- Jnr Accountant, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper, Cape Town
- Accountant, Cape Town, Epping, West Coast Personnel
- Xero Certified Accountant, Cape Town, Durbanville, West Coast Personnel
- CA/CIMA Accountan, Cape Town, Green Point, West Coast Personnel