|Location:||Cape Town, Stellenbosch|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB)
(Bellville Park Campus)
Senior lecturer in leadership and management coaching
As part of its strategic growth plan, the University of Stellenbosch Business School (which falls under the Faculty of Economics and Management Sciences) is seeking to recruit full-time faculty members. The School has succeeded in establishing itself as one of the top providers of internationally accredited programmes in South Africa. The School enjoys the status of AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA international accreditation – reserved for only a few schools in the world.
Research is a priority for the School, which is in the process of building clusters of research aimed at realising its vision of being globally distinguished as the business knowledge partner in Africa. Hence, applicants with a significant research track record or research potential will have an advantage.
- Developing and delivering academic content in leadership and management coaching (both on Postgraduate Diploma and Master’s levels);
- Supervising research on Master’s level;
- Contributing to research and international publications;
- Participating in the administration of some departmental activities and development towards playing a leading role in managing the MPhil in the management coaching programme for which the candidate will receive the necessary mentoring;
- Promoting inclusivity at the USB.
- PhD, or studying towards a PhD, in the area of leadership/management coaching with strong emphasis on development;
- Facilitation and research supervision on Master’s level;
- Experience in academic programme management and learning process facilitation, and a keen interest in playing these roles.
- Publication in accredited academic journals, either nationally or internationally, and a passion for growth in an academic milieu.
Commencement of duties: 1 September 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 17 July 2017
Enquiries regarding the job content: Dr Salomé van Coller-Peter on 021 981 4278, or at
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 26 Jun 11:12