|Location:||Cape Town, Stellenbosch|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB)
(Bellville Park Campus)
Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer in Futures Studies and Systems Thinking
As part of a strategic growth plan, the University of Stellenbosch Business School (which falls under the faculty of economics and management sciences) is seeking to recruit full-time faculty members. The School has succeeded in establishing itself as one of the top providers of internationally accredited programmes in South Africa. The School enjoys the status of AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA international accreditations – reserved for only a few schools in the world. The post is available at associate professor or senior lecturer level, according to experience.
Research is a particular priority for the School, which is in the process of building clusters of international research relevant to its vision of being “globally distinguished as the business knowledge partner in Africa.” Hence applicants with a high research track record and potential have an advantage.
- Developing and delivering academic content in futures studies and systems thinking (especially on postgraduate offerings in futures studies, and business management and administration);
- Assisting with the academic management of postgraduate offerings in futures studies;
- Networking with national and international futures communities;
- Supervising postgraduate research;
- Contributing to research and international publications.
- Master’s degree in futures studies, or related discipline, with relevant experience in applied Futures or Systems Thinking;
- Evidence of publications, together with further development potential;
- Lecturing experience on a postgraduate level.
Additional requirements for associate professor:
- PhD in futures studies or related discipline;
- Established national and international research record;
- Experience of supervising postgraduate students.
- Experience in a senior leadership role and willingness to act in such a role;
- Experience with lecturing in an online environment;
- Strong industry networks.
Commencement of duties: 1 October 2017
Closing date: 17 July 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Prof André Roux on 021 918 4371, or on
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 26 Jun 11:10
Get job alerts for Associate jobs
- Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer, Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Ayanda Mbanga Communications
- German Speaking Digital Customer Service Associate, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- German Speaking Retail Customer Service Associate, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Associate Software Engineer – Java, Cape Town, Datafin
- Client Service Associate, Cape Town, Milnerton
- Property Letting Associate, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs