Job Position: Learning Ccrcle co-ordinator live performance in UG/PG
Reporting to: Dean
Employment type: Fixed Term
Salary: Based on experience
Location: Port Elizabeth
Industry: Private Higher Education
Start date: As soon as possible
AFDA (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering higher certificates, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation and Technology. AFDA is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world’s major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self-discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
AFDA is inviting applications for the position of a Learning Circle Coordinator in Live Performance in UG & PG
Roles and Responsibilities
A Learning circle coordinator is expected to:
- Acquire and maintain and up to date understanding of the BA Live Performance programme in UG & PG by completing the AFDA onboarding process and attending all staff training sessions
- Prepare lesson plans and lecture content and provide lectures according to timetabled sessions for Ideation Studies, Contextual Studies, Project Studies, Discipline and Tech Studies and Reflection Studies.
- Provide guidance to students in these subjects
- Be knowledgeable in all contact and online pedagogical approaches as they apply to the subjects being taught
- Have a thorough understanding of all assessment instruments and use them appropriately
- Manage the group of students in their Learning Circle with regards to assignments and assessments; keeping track of their progress; monitoring tutors, timetables and equipment and facilities.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement practices.
- Participate in Marketing activities
Key competencies [role associated]
- Willingness to adapt to AFDA’s curriculum, syllabus, schematics and methodologies and pedagogy
- Willingness to adhere and embody AFDA values
- Ability to work co-operatively with other teaching staff
- Excellent time and deadline management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Physically and emotionally well adaptable to change
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Inter-personal skills
- Ability to research independently
- Ability to manage a budget
- Ability to manage inventory of facilities and equipment
- The capacity to research and adapt to new developments in technology Discipline Tech & Craft Studies (BA LP)
- An understanding of the principles of equipment used for Screen Acting and Stage Acting and the Business of Production.
- Selection criteria:
- Masters degree
- Established work experience in tertiary education.
- Industry and / or knowledge of the Performance industries
- AFDA employs candidates in line with the Employment Equity Act and as such preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.
Closing date: 18 January 2021 Applications must be submitted by email to Michael Ivy at az.oc.adfa@ileahcim] by the closing date. Applicants wishing to apply for this position are required to submit:
- A covering letter indicating his/her suitability for the position.
- A comprehensive and up to date curriculum vitae with contact details included.
- A list with 3 contactable references.
All applications will be treated as highly confidential. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.
Personal attributes [role associated]
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Willingness to support student development
Posted on 12 Jan 10:54