Job position : programme coordinator
-Undergraduate bachelor of commerce in business and innovation and entrepreneurship
Reporting to: campus dean
Based on experience
Afda Port Elizabeth campus
Private Higher Education
As soon as possible
AFDA (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering higher certificates, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation and Technology. AFDA is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world’s major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self-discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
AFDA is inviting applications for the position of a programme coordinator in the undergraduate bachelor of commerce in business innovation and entrepreneurship
Roles and responsibilities
A programme coordinator is required to:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the programme to ensure that the programme is maintained throughout delivery
- Ensure that all prescribed curriculum and pedagogical strategies are delivered.
- Ensure that the prescribed programme timetable and class attendance are maintained.
- Ensure that the prescribed programme assignments and assessments are completed.
- Ensure that all prescribed term projects have been completed and that the associated facilities; equipment and budgets to achieve this are properly managed.
- Ensure that all programme statutory requirements and reports are adhered to and completed.
Key Competencies [role associated]
- Willingness to adapt to AFDA’s curriculum, syllabus, schematics and methodologies and pedagogy
- Willingness to adhere and embody AFDA values
- Ability to work cooperatively with other teaching staff
- Excellent time and deadline management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Physically and emotionally well adaptable to change
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to research independently
- Ability to manage a budget
- Ability to manage inventory of facilities and equipment
- The capacity to research and adapt to new developments in technology
- Managing and being able to teach two or more of the following subjects to all enrolled BIT (Business, Innovation, and Technology) students:
- Business leadership – commerce
- Marketing and sales- commerce
- Management and operations
- Finance (basic statistics and financial modelling)
- Digital technology
- To have a strong knowledge of the above mentioned subject areas combined with a broad subject background
- Passion for education, technology and entrepreneurship, and for the arts, particularly in Film, Television and Live Performance.
- To manage and teach in the following core course components:
- Assessing the dissipation of value flow
- Determining market need for the dissipating value flow
- Originating a sustainable business model
- Establishing brand and product/services appeal
- Business presentation & effective delivery control
- Good computer skills, especially MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in academic management and lecturing on degree level (preferred).
- Business/entrepreneurial experience.
- Strong professional presentation skills
- Administrative skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change and new challenges
- Excellent time and deadline management.
- Delivering curriculum develop of the department according to the time-table
- Discipline standards development and assessments
- Research papers and new thinking in the discipline
- Consulting with students
- Academic marking of treatments and discipline outcomes
- Fulfill class control duties
- Set up and manage weekly meetings and planning sessions with the department.
- Deliver academic development programmes for students at risk.
- Assist in managing deadlines for students
- Represent the department AFDA festivals, assemblies, open days, awards and graduation ceremonies.
- Assist with the following functions: class control; course venues, facilities, and resources; publication of course documentation via relevant channels; maintenance of course content; student records (where relevant and in conjunction with registry);
- Assist in student enquiries on course content and academic support.
- As this position will be starting with a small viable number of students it is essential that the programme coordinator will have to assist in the duties of the learning circle coordinator.
Personal Attributes [role associated]
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Willingness to support student development
Master’s degree (MBA preferred)
Established work experience in tertiary education.
Industry and/or knowledge of the film/television and/or performance industries
AFDA employs candidates in line with the employment equity act and as such preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.
Closing date: 18 January 2021 Applications must be submitted by email to Michael Ivy az.oc.adfa@ileahcim by the closing date. Applicants wishing to apply for this position are required to submit:
1. A covering letter indicating his/her suitability for the position.
2. A comprehensive and up to date curriculum vitae with contact details included.
3. A list with three contactable references.
All applications will be treated as highly confidential. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within two weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.
- Master’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Established work experience in tertiary education.
- Industry and/or knowledge of the film/television and/or performance industries
- AFDA employs candidates in line with the employment equity act and as such preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.
Posted on 12 Jan 11:23