|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical aid, group life and optional RA (structured into CTC)|
|Location:||Cape Town, Johannesburg|
You have a keen interest in understanding the critical importance that distribution, brand and category management plays in the industry and are willing to immerse yourself into the world of FMCG in order to understand how data can add value to and assist our clients in executing on their strategy.
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have ‘stickability’ when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand the category management suite, DataOrbis processes and service offerings.
You are interpersonally skilled, a professional extrovert and a strong administrator who loves data and are confident in engaging with and building rapport with both internal team members and external stakeholders as required.
You are proactive and tenacious and are happiest when assisting clients and synergizing different sources of information in the execution of category management tasks. You are not afraid to get stuck in where needed and enjoy providing a service that gives clients the actionable insights they need to make quick, accurate decisions to optimize their sales and achieve targets.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are confident in your communication to effectively manage both up and down, communicating continuously, and ensuring that all and sundry are aware of timelines and deliverables as per the client’s requirements. The support role you will play within the Category Management team is crucial in ensuring that our clients receive a service offering that enables them to make strategic and tactical decisions based on the information our solution provides.
Once the groundwork has been done and you have a thorough understanding of the business, processes, and service offerings, you will grow through our career pathway into a more client-facing role and will have developed the knowledge, competence, and confidence to interact and engage with DataOrbis clients with the objective of professionally entrenching and growing the solution within the clients that you are responsible for.
It will be to your advantage to have experience or an interest in category management principles, assortment optimization, floor planning, EPOS, store-level analytics and shopper and consumer analysis.
You will report directly into the Client Success Manager and will also work closely with the greater Category Management team in ensuring the contractual delivery of our service offering to our client on an ongoing basis as required.
- Supports the Catman team and works under supervision on data cleansing and classification tasks and basic real-o-grams.
- Assists with in-store scanning projects.
- Develop basic planograms.
- Supports the team in the use of and Excel and the BY Space Planning solution.
- Applies a conceptual understanding of basic space planning principles and conducts basic EPOS and store level and assortment analysis.
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc Category Management requests.
DataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company that provides market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customised to our client’s needs.
We have a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries and are a leading innovator in this sector serving well-known brands across the African continent and beyond. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya and the UAE.
Our values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
The core values and their associated behaviours which form the DNA of our team and business are;
- A tertiary qualification, Business Science in Marketing or Business Administration, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent.
- Industry-related work experience in Category Management, Customer Insights or Retail related industry would be a distinct advantage but is not a necessary requirement. High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (Windows, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Basic analytical understanding and ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the team
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects
- Proactive and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments, and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis
Key attributes include
- Effective time management in order to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deliverables and deadlines as specified
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills with the ability to build and elicit trust
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment
- Service and delivery orientated
- Innovative and results-driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passionate and self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
Please note that the recruitment process will be starting in early January 2021, and we will be shortlisting and reviewing all applications and candidates in that month.
Posted on 18 Dec 13:50