|Benefits:||Company contributions to medical aid and provident|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Reference:||#Head of Finance|
Thornybush is looking for a Head of Finance to drive their strategic finance requirements. You will be required to partner with the Senior team and the business. We are looking for an individual who is ready to immerse themselves in the business.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Driving the strategic financial and IT requirements of the business.
- Delivering a range of advanced strategic finance forecasting, reviews, data analytics, reporting, and modelling services.
- Managing and contributing to capital planning and evaluations processes; provide finance advice, insights, and recommendations as well as drive business development initiatives
- Accountable for overseeing the infrastructure of technical operations, managing IT, contractors, tracking technology
- Forecasting and strategic finance
- Building, improving and maintaining revenue yield through pricing policies
- Developing performance-enhancing financial models
- Building, improving and maintaining management information/reporting frameworks
- Leading the finance team
The ideal candidate would have an attitude which reflects:
- High Performance
- Solutions orientated
- Ongoing learning and development
- Change agent
- Results orientated
- Critical Thinker
- Thornybush spirit
- Organisational skill
- Administrative skills
- Problem-solving and decisive
- Substantial knowledge of financial concepts and best practices, including forecasting, business analytics, financial modeling, and KPI tracking
- Experience in creating frameworks for evaluating investment decisions and performing portfolio and account level profitability analysis
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market-related patterns
- Proficient user of cloud-based finance software
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Proficiency in Pastel
- Proficiency in eRes
- Proficiency in Apex.
- Proficiency in VIP
The ideal individual will:
- Have no less than 10 years in a similar role
- Ideally understand the industry.
- Have a qualification such as: Bcompt Hnrs | BAcc Hns | BCom Hns l CA
- Have previously worked on Microsoft 365, Pastel, VIP, eRes, Apex or similar
- English – Fluent
As part of the Thornybush team some of the benefits include
- Medical Aid Contribution
- Provident Fund Contribution
- Access to enjoying 5-star lodges in both the Thornybush Nature Reserve and SabiSand Wildtuin
- And so much more!
Reporting into the CEO
Availably: we know that notice periods exist but ideally as soon as possible
To apply for the opportunity with us at Thornybush please send your three page CV to moc.hsubynroht@neerihs with Head of Finance in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We reserve the right to close the vacancy, not hire and or freeze the role. Applications to the role close on the 30th September 2020.
Posted on 15 Sep 15:52