|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Location:||Cape Town, Durbanville|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We are looking for a junior to mid-weight Social Media Designer for a renowned property company’s Northern Suburbs office. This fantastic opportunity will see you joining their Boland and Overberg Marketing team. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic Social Media Designer to be responsible for designing and posting original content on online platforms. The responsibilities of a Social Media Designer include posting content on Social Media, designing graphic material, and attracting consumers via Social Media. To be successful in this position, you should be highly motivated, creative, and possess solid knowledge of Marketing competencies. The successful candidate must be fluent in Adobe Suite and have great Graphic Design skills as well as Marketing skills. The role objective is to increase traffic and appeal to target audiences by creating pages, posts and applications.
This role is currently remote but will, in time, move back to on-site work.
- Producing content to be posted online
- Increasing traffic and appealing to target audiences
- Creating posts, pages, and applications to attract customers
- Using programming skills to build pages and applications
- Measuring key performance indicators
- Duties may also involve posting content on Social Media sites and developing material that will be found and displayed prominently by search engines. While many tasks are Mac-based, there may also be a requirement of producing content that’s intended to be used on smart phones or other devices.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Degree/Diploma in Visual Communications or Multimedia
- Social Media as well as Digital Design experience
- Able to adapt CI artwork as well as off-line design (printed elements, brochures etc.)
- A thorough understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience in Premier Pro – an advantage
- Video editing skills/experience or interest will be a plus, especially an understanding of Premier Pro video editing and the ability to work graphic concepts into video editing
- Highly organised
- Able to work with little direction
- Good communication skills
- Graphic Design skills
- Exposure to Marketing disciplines
- Able to produce original ideas
- Comfortable working remotely – but the role will be based in Durbanville (Northern Suburbs or even Somerset West). Some travel will be required for the role.
Please submit a relevant portfolio showcasing Social Media Design along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within 7 days, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.
VGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 15 Sep 15:05