|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
The main purpose of this position is to define, conceptualise and produce design work for GetSmarter’s educational materials, keeping with the company’s visual style. A strong competency in vector illustration is necessary.
GetSmarter offers online short courses in collaboration with the world’s leading universities. We aim to improve lives through better education by helping working professionals stand out from the crowd.
- Create conceptual designs and infographics for course materials, including, but not limited to, editorial content, videos and presentations.
- Define distinctive visual styles for individual courses that speak to the overarching brand style.
- Collaborate with Learning Designers, Videographers and Learning Technologists to understand project needs.
- Develop methodologies and principles around educational graphics.
- Collaborate with the marketing team including, copywriters, marketing managers, videographers and other designers to understand project needs.
- Art direction & design knowledge across a wide range of channels and mediums, with a focus on digital.
- Able to conceptualise and present fresh ideas that are on strategy.
- Maintain a high standard of execution and attention to detail in all aspects of visual design, and ensure consistency at all times.
- Manage time effectively and adhere to deadlines.
- Create graphic design process strategies and principles that meet the requirements of the team as a whole.
- Act as a brand ambassador for the company at all times and ensure the brand’s integrity and consistency is always maintained.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in graphic design required.
- Work experience in relevant field is preferred.
- Technical knowledge and proficiency of computer programs essential;
Adobe CC: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Edge. After Effects and Dreamweaver advantageous.
- Ability to think conceptually and interpret information and data appropriately.
- Ability to prioritise and adhere to deadlines essential.
- Attention to detail and organisation skills essential.
Posted on 07 Apr 08:24