|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Company:||SAE Institute – SAE Cape Town|
SAE Cape Town is looking for a committed animation lecturer in the area of fine arts. The post requires impeccability in every aspect of the qualification’s academic integrity, student support, academic content development, evaluation, moderation, assessment of learning as well as supporting SAE Institute’s vision and mission
- Facilitation in accordance with the learning outcomes as set for the animation programme, with a focus on practical application, theoretical frameworks, workflow and technique.
- Mentor students, conduct consultations and facilitate learning opportunities.
- Research relevant content in order to develop learning material and lesson plans.
- Evaluation, moderation, invigilation and assessment of learning.
- Keep accurate records of evidence (e.g. attendance, assessment results).
- Adhere to SAE policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the HOD.
- Minimum NQF Level 8 qualification (BA Honours)
- A master’s degree is preferable.
- A PGCHE is advantageous.
- The successful candidate must show evidence of good subject- and discipline-related skills and be able to facilitate the range of learning required within the subject of fine arts
- Substantial experience in the field of animation, painting and sculpture (minimum three years).
- Proficient in understanding of all aspects of art pertaining to art history and artistic practice with a specific focus on drawing (important), adobe photoshop is beneficial, animation pre-production processes is also beneficial.
- Classroom management and workshop facilitation skills: a minimum of two years’ recent experience in an academic or training environment preferred.
Posted on 07 Dec 10:45