|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
Our company is built on a sense of purpose. Our thoughts, deeds and actions are underpinned by absolute clarity of reason. Before moving to actioning our roles and duties we are sure of the why, where and how of what we are setting out to achieve.
We are family of likeminded individuals with a common goal to uphold love, trust and respect of one another and the world that surrounds us.
“We are made for goodness” – Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu
This year our team has expanded to a satellite office in Johannesburg as part of our latest project, Beautiful News. Every day we release one short film that tells a positive story, a reflection of the good in South Africa. You can view the project and our stories here:
Want to contribute? Read on!
We’re looking for storytellers who are genuinely passionate about South Africa – content producers who actively look for uplifting and positive people in our country, with a proven ability to turn story ideas into compelling, impactful multimedia content packages.
To be considered for this position, you will need:
- A genuine interest in showcasing South African stories in a beautiful way
- At least five years’ experience of pitching, planning, and producing inserts for broadcast on television or the web
- Proven experience in consistently meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent research ability beyond desktop sourcing
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office
- The relentless ability to get in touch with the hardest-to-reach South Africans
- BA degree or graduate diploma in English, communications, marketing, journalism, advertising, or a related field – or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a daily deliverable environment
- Some experience working on social media campaigns
- Living experience or contacts in a province other than Gauteng and Western Cape
What will you do?
- Brainstorm ideas with the social media team that would work for Beautiful News
- Find beautiful news stories that evoke emotion in our audience
- Find compelling, untold or underreported stories in the most remote corners of South Africa
- Liaise daily with our Cape Town team
- Meet quick turn-around times on sourcing, researching and preparing content for our team of shooters in a fast-paced environment
- Meet all provincial and content pillar deadlines where directed
- Flag any issues as and when they come up that will interfere with deadline demands
- Take over story ideas generated by interns
Want to join our team?
The job is for three months from the 1st of May to the 31st of July 2017 and is based in our Maboneng offices.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com motivating why you are the best fit for this position with your CV and links to inserts you have produced. Applications that include a selection of story ideas from our smaller provinces will receive preference.
Our interview panel will be in Jhb from the 10th – 13th of April. We will be short-listing candidates by Friday 7th of April.
Posted on 04 Apr 15:45
+27 21 419 3189
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.