|Remuneration:||R30000 – R40000 per month negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Provident Fund|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
We are a medium-sized agency of 35 people dealing with a range of multinational and national clients. We have a BTL history and have evolved into a TTL agency for most clients but have found our real value in getting close to clients’ businesses and providing practical solutions to their needs. Our business-savvy approach realises itself in the kind of work we do – insights and strategic proposals, trade marketing support work, content and social marketing solutions, video marketing, and shopper solutions including POS and promotions, not to mention brand development and packaging.
We are looking for a strong strategist to add to our team. Working in a team with our digital and content strategists, your experience and skills will compliment theirs. We see the role this way.
- Work closely with our business development team to understand our clients’ businesses, and identify prospecting opportunities based on our observations and insights.
- Drive into the data to establish perspective and see strategic opportunities.
- Collaborate with media and digital data partners to enrich our understanding of markets, measure potential and sentiment, and develop customer archetypes.
- Develop inventive methods to gather insights (we have an exciting initiative that needs your help to realise it’s potential).
- Develop customer journey maps and shopper proposals based on data and trade insights.
- Know the SA trade landscape and dynamics, especially retail, wholesale and informal sectors so our proposals work not only for the marketers but also the sales people.
- Know the pro’s, cons and costs of media options and how to apportion budget to achieve client objectives.
- Develop arguments and strategies that are responsible and measurable.
- Clearly articulate a strategic vision in a confident and persuasive manner to clients and teams.
- Monitor cultural and social trends, and their impact on consumers.
- Provide the creative team with clear direction and stay close enough to see we are on track.
- Minimum five years’ relevant experience in strategy with client or agency or both.
- Relevant marketing qualification advantageous.
- A sound understanding of marketing and strategic disciplines.
- Proven track record of creative strategic solutions.
- An inventive approach to problem-solving, both analytical and intuitive.
- Digital, data and content marketing aligned.
- Experience in presenting your work.
- Can work on your own and easily with people in a team.
- Self-motivated and sociable.
Posted on 07 Apr 10:48
The Whalley Collective
+27 31 303 2871
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.