|Company:||John Brown Media|
John Brown Media South Africa is seeking to appoint an assistant food editor to work on the PnP brand and all its extensions. The position is based in Cape Town and will report directly to the Head of Food.
The main focus of the position will be for creating, testing and styling recipe and food content for all content platforms (print, digital, social, video). Brings in-depth knowledge of international food and culinary trends, as well as excellent cooking, recipe writing and testing skills. Is confident in their ability to independently cook, prop and style food for food shoots and videos.
- Playing a key role in planning and creating relevant, commercially driven food-related content (print, digital, social, digital).
- Creating interesting, achievable, on-trend and budget-conscious recipes in line with the clients commercial objectives and pre-agreed monthly themes.
- Vigilant recipe testing and writing in line with house style.
- Adapting and testing recipes supplied by readers and contributors so that they reflect house style.
- Sourcing appropriate props and backgrounds for shoots within budget.
- Food and prop styling for photo-shoots, videos and events.
- Regularly liaising with buyers and key client players to verify product availability and delivery for shoots.
- Have a strict awareness of budget when creating recipes, sourcing props and commissioning freelancers.
- Creating food-related content for additional John Brown clients when necessary.
- Assisting Head of Food editor with day-to-day admin
- Staying abreast of local and international food trends
Candidates will need:
- In-depth food knowledge and culinary trend awareness
- Ability to work well in a team, taking direction from art directors
- Strong creative thinking
- Skill and knowledge to create recipes, with ability to accurately cost and vigilantly test recipes
- Good administrative and time management skills
- Food styling experience (portfolio of work is preferable on application)
- Food training – certificate/ diploma/practical
- Experience working on food shoots
- Food styling experience and/or food assistant experience
- Based in /or close to Cape Town
- Access to a car
Posted on 04 Dec 15:33