In collaboration with the Programme Manager and/or Module lecturer(s), the incumbent will:
o Provide an online learning support function to students enrolled for selected modules on the Diploma in Business Management and/or Higher Certificate in Business Management.
o Facilitate online learning activities prescribed by the Module Lecturer and/or Programme Manager.
o Execute sections of the module(s) teaching and learning plan.
o Provide students with academic and technical support online.
o Manage students’ exchanges with peers
Academic Management and Leadership
• Module administration e.g. academic performance reporting, and other submissions as required by management and/or regulators, keeping assessment records of students, administer module evaluations.
• Supporting the module lecturer/s by engaging with students through institutional and online platforms.
• Support the lecturer/s with preparing academic performance reporting on all aspects of the module(s) / programmes falling within the incumbent’s sphere of influence.
• Escalate student queries which are outside of the tutor responsibilities to relevant parties.
• Assist with any other assignments/duties allocated by the academic management structure.
Teaching & Learning
• Provide online and academic support to module lecturers and students enrolled on accredited programmes
• Under guidance of the module lecturer/programme manager, execute engagement with students and campaigns to encourage active student participation in academic activities e.g. learning progress, submission of assignments, exam registration etc. using multiple channels (e.g. SMS, e-mail, telephonic, LMS platforms).
• Utilise online facilitation skills to encourage student participation in learning activities.
• Assist in the management of ongoing learner assessment processes, including providing constructive feedback to students.
and issues to the relevant module lecturer and/or programme manager for resolution and provide feedback where appropriate.
Academic citizenship/Community engagement
• Being actively involved in various activities as directed by the Academic head.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 1 year experience in student tutoring or training at a recognised institution.
• Evidence of academic guidance and student learning support strategies.
• Demonstrable skills using relevant digital education technologies, learning management systems and Microsoft Office products or equivalent
Beneficial Work Experience:
• Track record of tutoring at a distance and/or online learning environment using multiple learning channels.
• Familiarity with eLearning methodologies.
• Experience in academic material development, instructional design and assessment design using digital formats and tools, including digital authoring tools (such as Articulate, etc.).
• Previous experience using interactive and collaborative learning tools.
• Previous experience with online facilitation.
KEY FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE (AREAS OF EXPERTISE)
• Subject Matter knowledge in one or more of the following business-related subjects:
o Business Management, Economics, Statistics and quantitative modelling, Leadership, Production and Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Strategic Management, Management by Projects, Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Business Ethics, Innovation and Creativity, Commercial Law, People Management, Marketing Management, Entrepreneurship, Information Systems, Risk Management and Business Continuity.
• Knowledge of online and internet-based education technologies.
• Ability to communicate and engage with people, with the ability to produce videos and audio-records to support the learning process
• Strong customer service skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds. The ability to communicate in at least one African language (South African) will be beneficial.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
• A Bachelor’s degree with at least one major in Business Management and one in either Economics, Information Systems, Statistics or Quantitative Modelling, Financial Accounting.
COMPUTER AND DIGITAL LITERACY SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Demonstrable competencies in Office Productivity Tools such as Spreadsheets, Presentations, Word Processing, etc.
• Proficiency in basic data analytics and reporting.
• Competent in the use of digital authoring tools, or ability to acquire the competency.
ONBOARDING TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• iCan system training
• SUMIT systems training
• ESS sensitisation
• Performance management training
• TILOS training.
• Customer service experience training
• MS Dynamics training