An investment management company based in Cape Town is looking for a technical support analyst to join their team to support bespoke solutions developed. To include issue resolution and user requests through investigation/ analysis and subsequent code changes.
- Understanding the data architecture within the company as it relates to data being fed into and out of the department and bespoke applications.
- Ability to analyse and source data required for these systems.
- Development and testing of small enhancements to our bespoke tools and processes.
- Working closely with the solutions developers through the development lifecycle, taking on small tasks as necessary, to fully understand the solution as it is being built.
- Maintain knowledge base of end user and technical guides for bespoke solutions. Ensure that developers adequately document each solution that they release.
- Communicate progress on a regular basis and keep associated work tracking systems up to date.
- Assist the Manager with other initiatives as and when required
Risk and compliance responsibilities
- Adhering to the in-house Code of Ethics includes the following key policies: management of conflicts of interest, treating clients fairly, confidentiality of client and business information, handling of inside information, personal account dealing, disclosure of outside interests, Provision or receipt of Gifts, Entertainment, Events or other benefits
- Adhering to the conflicts of interest and confidentiality policies and advising compliance of any possible issues.
- Being alert to possible and actual breaches of procedures and regulators rules and reporting them to the line manager and Compliance, and where applicable to operational risk.
- Ensuring that all significant roles and responsibilities, including for oversight of outsourced functions or third party service providers, are contained within the job description and any changes agreed with the line manager each year.
- Maintaining client confidentiality, and ensuring that client data is protected, encrypted, transported securely and is stored away each evening and if sensitive information, that it is locked away.
- Ensuring keeping up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to job responsibilities, to avoid operational losses / Operational Risk events from crystallising.
Technical knowledge and experience
- Degree educated, preferably with a high mathematical context, e.g. computation, mathematics, physics or engineering.
- Minimum one to three years’ experience within the fund management industry.
- A thorough understanding of the IT development life-cycle, development framework and methodologies and implementation, with emphasis on Agile or RAD.
- An understanding of data and systems architecture as it relates to front office with emphasis on quantitative processes.
- Experience of large and varied data sets from multiple data sources to conduct analysis and streamline processes.
- Experience of working closely with Front Office teams in a Support role
- Experience in SQL and C# essential
- Experience in R, Talend (or another ETL tool), Qlikview/ Qliksense and ASP.NET is highly beneficial
- Candidates with experience of Matlab and/or Python will be considered in lieu of R experience.
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of VBA.
- Experience of working with vendor products such as Front Office Risk and Performance Systems, Factset and Bloomberg would be a bonus.
- It is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate a good understanding of these languages as well as having experience in the support of in-house developed technology solutions.
- This role will require that the candidate engages regularly with the Front Office teams. To this end candidates must have a strong, resilient character and be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure.
- A strong personality able to withstand exposure to demanding Front Office teams.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate.
- Ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must be organised.
Posted on 30 Jun 15:03
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
Get job alerts for Analyst jobs
- Systems Analyst – Financial Systems Software, Cape Town, Century City, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Intermediate-Senior Test Analyst – Web UI/.Net, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- IT Support Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Business Intelligence Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Quality Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Senior Systems Analyst/Business Analyst, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Senior Business Analyst – Stock Market, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Analyst Developer, Cape Town, CBD, MPRTC Recruitment
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Test Analyst, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Senior Test Analyst, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Customer Insights Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Research Analyst, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent
- Intermediate Automation Test Analyst, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Intermediate Test Analyst – Web UI Testing, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Technical Systems Analyst, Cape Town, CBD, MPRTC Recruitment
- Senior Financial Services Business Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Digital Strategist/Marketing Analyst, Cape Town, Rondebosch, Observatory
- Senior IT Security Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Junior Test Analyst, Cape Town, Liquorice
- Data Analyst, Cape Town, Milnerton, Digipath Digital Recruitment
- Customer Insights Analyst, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, ASC Group
- Web Analyst, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Junior Data Analyst, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Analyst Developer – .Net, Cape Town, Datafin
- Systems Analyst, Cape Town, Bellville, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Analyst Developer, Cape Town, CBD, MPRTC Recruitment