The primary function of this role is to provide high-level administrative support to the Senior Staff/Team leaders on a one-to-one basis. The candidate must be able to enhance their effectiveness by providing information management support and by dealing with secretarial, administrative and sometimes personal tasks.
Team Leaders heavily rely on their assistants, and discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes. While unlikely there may occasionally be a requirement to work additional hours which may include weekends.
- Filing, sorting and retrieval of all incoming documentation (both hard copy and electronic)
- Maintenance of all files within project teams
- Responsible for issue of all documentation to contractors, suppliers and other external parties.
- Scanning, printing, emailing and collating of project related documentation encompassing correspondence, drawings and project information files.
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with all SAOTA procedures and standards
- Contribute, support or otherwise assist staff, as required
- General facilities management
- Acquisition of general office supplies and stationary
- Control of boardroom schedule and petty cash
- Assist with diary and email management of SS
- Email and document drafting
- Assist staff with time sheets on Vision programme – further in-house training can be provided.
- Liaise with finance department to get all monthly invoices paid on time
- Deltek Vision
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Essential skills and criteria
- Exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – articulate and diplomatic. Fluency in both written and spoken English, with strong spelling, grammar and proofreading abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work without supervision and to take initiative in response to instruction and demonstrate a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally and the ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to remain calm, multitask and work under deadline driven pressure.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Appreciation of, and commitment to the business of the Practice
- Flexible attitude
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
Posted on 12 Feb 15:02
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Administrator jobs
- Finance Administrator, Cape Town, Hout Bay
- Site Administrator/Secretary, Cape Town, CBD, Massive Recruitment
- Retentions Administrator, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Accountant/Office Administrator, Cape Town, Greenpoint
- Property Rental Administrator, Cape Town, Career Custodians
- Office Administrator, Cape Town, Westlake
- Opportunities Administrator, Cape Town, Observatory
- CFP/Property Portfolio Administrator, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Facilities Administrator, Cape Town, Career Custodians
- Payroll/Accounts Administrator, Cape Town, Bergvliet
- Dispatch Administrator, Cape Town, Massive Recruitment
- IT Systems Administrator, Cape Town, Gardens, CBD
- Graduate Opportunity – Employee Benefits/Medical Aid Administrator, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, LayerCake recruitment
- Office Administrator, Cape Town, Cape Town Central
- Telesales Consultant/Administrator, Cape Town, Massive Recruitment
- Site Administrator, Cape Town, Massive Recruitment
- Hiring Bursary Administrator, Cape Town, University Estate
- Leasing Administrator – Property Department, Cape Town
- Website Administrator, Cape Town, Diep River, Southern Suburbs, DirectAxis
- Junior Internal Sales/Customer Service Administrator, Cape Town, Thornton
- Front-of-House/Travel Administrator, Cape Town, Cape Town and surrounds
- Web Content Administrator, Sanlam, Bellville, Digitas Liquorice
- Customer Support Administrator, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- Business Development Administrator, Cape Town, Online
- Administrator/Receptionist, Ca, Green Point, West Coast Personnel
- Senior HR/Office Management Administrator, Cape Town, Observatory
- Facilities Administrator, Cape Town
- Email Marketer, Cape Town, Getsmarter
- Accountant, Cape Town, Muizenberg, MPRTC Recruitment