|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
We are looking for a digital media mogul that loves to plan. If you’re a campaign planning and buying ninja whose second language is social, then this could be the right position for you.
It is the responsibility of strategist to develop plans that can tactically target an idea or product to as perfect a target consumer group as possible and to familiarise themselves with the brand in the most positive and effective way. Strategist evolves media strategy, making recommendations on the target group, mediums to be used and identifying key timings, along with pre-campaign research. They need to make the best purchase decision and have an enormous understanding of all social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Bots, AI, etc.
The strategist is responsible for planning and optimizing campaigns, monitoring budgets and overseeing platform accounts, tracking KPIs and producing useful reports. Responsibilities also include being involved in keyword selection and audience targeting and adjusting bids to gain better ROI. This campaign planner must be adept at building all types of paid social campaigns including lead gen and conversion campaigns, shopping and carousel campaigns and of course understand and be on top of all-new platform features, trends and opportunities.
About the candidate:
Looking for an organised, strategic, self-motivated, talented individual to become a senior inbound marketing strategist. Someone with at least four to six year’s experience in strategy, digital marketing and is HubSpot certified with at least six months to a year experience working with the HubSpot tool. Prior experience in facilitating workshops and developing inbound strategies is essential.
As a senior inbound marketing strategist, you will be client-facing and you will work closely with the strategic director, inbound marketing strategists, our content team and other specialists to develop strategies for and implement relevant Inbound Marketing tasks on several clients.
A passion for analytics, strong attention to detail, ability to work to deadlines, excellent written and spoken communication skills, project management skills, experience in managing a team, knowledge of proper spelling and grammar and a problem-solving attitude, are essential to succeed in this position. An interest in inbound and experience in digital marketing is non-negotiable.
Our goal is for you to learn and advance within the company.
- To facilitate the application of inbound marketing, sales, and services knowledge in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- To further develop analytical, critical thinking, project management skills and the ability to evaluate and make adjustments to improve project results
- To further develop the ability to create insightful reports for the presentation that are data-driven and relevant to each client based on their required metrics and outcomes using the required software
- HubSpot certification through access to their online training available to members of their partner programme
- Participation in training sessions with the team, the strategic director as well as a coaching programme
Main responsibilities: client service management:
- Ensure the overall growth and development of client accounts
- Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis, including the taking of briefs, discussing strategy and future opportunities and general client communication
- Promoting the expansion of business with existing clients
- Understand the urgency in ongoing communication and feedback to client’s requests and queries on a daily basis
- Develop lasting relationships with senior client personnel and using Spitfire senior management as required to cement relationships at a senior level
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients
A big focus on completing your relevant set training program with assignments during your initial probation period of three months.
Be responsible and accountable for all elements of the day to day execution and implementation of inbound marketing strategies and tasks including:
- The content briefing, scheduling, optimizing and measurements
- Implementing inbound marketing software and other digital tools
- Brainstorming new ideas and opportunities for client and Spitfire’s success and presenting these both internally and to clients
- Updating and optimizing the components of the inbound marketing campaign for relevant client campaigns you will work on
- Research subject matter, competitors, industry and target audience and present feedback to the team
- Research articles and information related to the subject matter to include in web articles
- Work with the Inbound team to identify and understand high-level messaging and strategy
- Monitor trends in client’s industries
- Be involved in keyword research for content strategies and optimize content for search both when it is published and on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure customer success and be the primary point of contact for a portfolio of clients.
- Provide inbound best practices, with the strategic intent of delivering high-quality inbound assets
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports to highlight progress towards goals, areas of improvement and recommendations for future programs
- Analyze each clients’ marketing analytics, create reports and recommending future strategies and tactics
- Conduct meetings with clients to review results and reporting
- Completed degree or qualification in strategy, communications, business or marketing
- Inbound marketing and HubSpot certified through HubSpot is essential
- Four to six years of experience in digital strategy and marketing
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work at a fast pace under tight deadlines
- Previous experience in successfully growing relationships and creating customer success
- Exemplary ability to present and explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Work well independently
- Ability to manage a team
- Great listening, communication and time management skills
- Love to hustle and work in a fast pace environment
- Self-taught learner willing to read and keep up-to-date on technological changes and how they could be used by Spitfire
- A digital mindset – we need someone who lives and breathes all forms of digital marketing
- The ability to be self-directed while still enjoying collaboration and keeping clear channels of communication open with teammates
- Proficient in Google Drive and Google Docs
- Google Ads (Search, Display, and Video)
- Facebook Ads (Blueprint, free version)
- Google Marketing Platform
- Twitter 101
- Certification in Google Analytics preferred
- Certification in Google Tag Manager advantageous
- Experience with content management tools
- Highly proficient at Excel or an alternative data manipulation system
- Understanding and interest in online marketing, specifically paid media
- Knowledge of the digital landscape
Posted on 17 Feb 12:10
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Strategist jobs
- Business Development Specialist/Strategist, Johannesburg
- Mid-Level Strategist, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- Digital Influencer Strategist, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Digital Media Strategist, Johannesburg, VMLY&R South Africa
- Senior Strategist – BTL, Johannesburg, Dunkeld West, Kreetiv
- Creative Lead, Johannesburg
- Media Relations Lead, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Production Course – Lecturer/Researcher, Johannesburg, Auckland Park, AFDA
- Researcher, Randburg, Dunked West, Kreetiv