|negotiable Basic salary
|Medical Aid, Provident Fund
Rage has an exciting opportunity for a store manager for one of its existing stores in Phalaborwa, Limpopo.
The store is in need of achievement-orientated people with excellent customer service and people management skills.
Two years’ experience as a store manager will be advantageous.
The position requires the candidate to have retail experience in women’s fashion, a flair for visual merchandising and a good head for figures and administration and is sales driven.
- Driving turnover to ensure achievement of targets
- Controlling expenses
- Managing target losses to ensure shrinkage is in line with the company standard
- People management, including recruitment, development and training of staff, employee relations, performance management
- Executing in-store merchandise strategy and standards
- Ensure customer satisfaction by executing our customer service strategy and fulfilling the demands of our customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good standard of IT and numeracy
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Analysing and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrable leadership and management qualities
- Leadership skills: you will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your employees. A successful store manager is a good leader
- Time management: you will be working with employees, customers and management. You might have to create schedules, order supplies and write reports. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done
- Math and budgeting: store managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company’s money is going
- Analytical skills: you will be in charge of hiring new employees, and being a good judge of character will help ensure that you hire the right people to maintain an efficient and motivated team. You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day
- Decision-making skills: the buck stops with you. Whether it is dealing with employees, customers, management or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to your success
- Speaking and writing: store managers do a lot of communicating. This might be one-on-one to a customer, in front of a group of employees, or in a meeting with management. You might be called upon to write reports, recommendations, or reasons for termination. Great verbal communications and writing skills will help you in any of these scenarios
- Customer service skills: customers are going to ask to speak to the manager. How you interact with customers is crucial for repeat business, employee morale and the health of your company. Great customer service skills will help you solve issues before they become problems, and help create customer loyalty
- Retail savvy
- Leading from the front
- Great communicator
- Relishes the detail
- Love for the customer
Posted on 25 Apr 14:12
Fax 011 608 6858
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.