|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
This position carries full responsibility for the management and coordination of all university space over the short, medium and long term in order to ensure optimal space usage in accordance with the Integrated Campus Master Plan. This entails space management, property management, administration, and client services.
- Determining the space needs of all University environments over the short, medium and long term through using the Department of Education’s Higher Education Management Information system (HEMIS) and other space norms
- Assisting with the development of alternative space scenarios in terms of approved space norms in order to address the space needs of University environments over the short, medium and long term
- Ensuring that space management is done according to the campus master plan
- Ensuring optimal space usage through developing and applying new space norms
- Creating an effective and pleasant work environment for the University community
- Updating information systems and reporting annually on space usage according to HEMIS
- Producing and processing space data during master planning and for new capital projects, as well as the preparation of management reports
- Managing the rental and letting of all University space
- Ensuring that legal leases are in place for all tenants
- Dealing with all enquiries and solving problems with regard to letting and leasing
- Updating and maintaining the rentals register, renewing leases, as well as dealing with other administrative matters regarding space management and rentals
- Consulting and continuously interacting with internal and external clients in order to optimise service delivery
- Developing and maintaining good relations and partnerships with internal clients, consultants and local authorities, as well as promoting the image of Facility Management internally and externally
- An appropriate B degree or equivalent
- A minimum of five years’ relevant experience in one, but preferably both, of the following, viz. space management and usage, and managing rent property
- Above-average proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A valid Code B driver’s licence
- Sound interpersonal relations
- Strong negotiating ability
- Logical thinking ability
- A client orientation
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to work within a team
- General resilience, specifically pertaining to change
- Familiarity with the work environment of a tertiary institution
- Expertise in using HEMIS norms
- Experience in GIS and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of law of contract
- Knowledge of and experience in the layout of modern office environments
Commencement of duties: 1 August 2017
Closing date: 9 June 2017
Enquiries regarding job content: Mr Francois Swart on 021 808 4834.
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753.
The university will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The university reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and contact details of at least two referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at http://www.sun.ac.za/vacancies
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
Should no feedback be received from the university within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 26 May 12:22