|Location:||Durban, La Lucia Ridge|
Natural-born wordsmith? Covert Grammar Nazi? Eat, sleep and breathe social media?
If so, Heads Up! We are looking for a creative live-wire (who fits this unique profile)! A multi-skilled writer who is able to switch between mind-blowing copywriting and meticulous proofreading.
- Write, edit and publish progressive, thumb-stopping social posts for some of South Africa’s most exciting brands;
- Copy-editing and proofreading across a diverse range of print and digital elements;
- Optimise social media posts (language, tone, message), based on brand DNA and target audience’s behaviours; and
- Contribute towards idea generation and selection of appealing images and videos to complement text.
We love to Scroll! From Facebook to Instagram, Linkedin and more, your work hours will revolve around obsessing over content for these platforms, immersing yourself in our brands, as well as tracking emerging trends in the digital sphere.
We live for the detail! Polished perfection – that is what we strive to produce with every element that leaves our agency and you will play a massive role in that as our resident proofreader.
To be successful in this role, you should be a master at writing for social media, with the ability to change your colours, adapting to various copy styles and tones. When it comes to proofreading, a focused and pedantic nature, together with an exceptional grasp of the English language and its usage is imperative.
And your added Advantage… taking initiative, brewing up creative ideas with the team, having an eye for beautiful social media content, and previous experience working in an advertising agency environment will help put you ahead of the pack.
Our successful candidate can look forward to hands-on experience on multiple national and international brands and fun collaboration with a team of energised young misfits that live to create!
To apply, send your CV and portfolio of work to:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Copywriter or similar role;
- Experience in Proofreading and Copy Editing;
- Hands-on experience using various social media platforms to advertise
- (Advantageous) Knowledge of SEO and keyword research
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Qualification in media, communications, journalism or relevant field
Posted on 18 Feb 11:03
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.