|Remuneration:||R650000 – R700000 per year negotiable Cost to company|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Company:||e-Merge IT Recruitment|
Our client is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives. Your role will be to research and develop systems, software, algorithms, and processes within the biometrics and related fields in support of identity authentication of people or devices. The role will further lead projects in delivering consulting to and/or development of prototypes, for clients in the biometrics space. Are you the candidate for this role? Please feel free to go through the position details and apply…
- Conduct research in the field of biometrics and contribute to the development of systems, software, algorithms, and processes within the group
- Develop advanced signal processing algorithms
- Integrate software and systems used for identity authentication using Matlab or C++
- Perform mathematical analysis of systems and system effects
- Perform operation-based simulation and analysis
- Perform simulation and functional analysis of systems and subsystems
- Implement algorithms on systems
- Design and execute field experiments on biometrics
- Grow effective relationships with specific clients/stakeholders
- Supervise (technical) junior employees and students
- Draft proposals in support of seeking further funding
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- Minimum requirement is master’s degree in computer science or engineering
- PhD degree in a related field (computer science/engineering, electrical engineering, etc.) will be an added advantage
- Five years’ working experience in the field of computer science, engineering
- Working experience in programming using at least one of the following languages:
- Experience working in the field of biometrics/smart, cards/identity authentication/algorithm development/signal processing/electronic design/software engineering and development
- Project management experience able to demonstrate the successful completion (or completion of a significant sub-part) managed by individual
- Demonstrated ability to do research and/or develop junior staff
- Experience in feature extraction and optimisation would be advantageous
- Knowledge of approaches and technology used in identity authentication including biometrics (at least one modality) and smart tokens, like smart cards together with an understanding of the underlying technology and possible methods of implementation
- Implementation of security concepts such as one-time-templates, PKI, cryptography and/or implemented identity authentication systems
- Programming skills in C+, Matlab, and other design tools both proprietary and open source
- Experience with operating systems including Windows, Linux, and other platforms
- Understanding of implementing software into real-life systems
- Understanding of systems and system engineering methodologies
- Track record of published work within biometrics field
- Good technical understanding of project or product requirements
- Skills: Flexibility and adaptability, verbal and written communication, teamwork, analytical thinking, problem-solving, self-management (planning, prioritising, and time management – includes the ability to work independently), innovation and creativity, customer service orientation, and attention to detail
Reference number for this position is GZ38472 which is a permanent position based in the Pretoria area offering R700,000 per annum cost to company and negotiable on experience.
The time for change is now! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical skilled candidates. Email Garth on
or you call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Please feel free to check out our website on www.e-merge.co.za (for all other sites) for similar positions that might be of interest to you!! Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay big cash to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within two weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
Posted on 26 May 13:53
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.