- Ad Placed : 11 Jul 2020 12:30:31 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
This proudly South African owned company is looking for a Mechanical Charge Hand. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of daily mechanical work on all their sites in Durban, thus creating an effective and productive Maintenance department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Matric plus N3/N4 minimum.
- Trade Tested (Mechanical Fitter).
- Minimum of 5 years in the Fitting Trade.
- At least 2 to 3 years supervisory experience.
- Good understanding of plant and maintenance operations in a Petrochemical or Oil & Gas environment.
- Good understanding of safety management (ISO45001, ISO14001 & ISO9001).
- Previous experience working with bulk storage tanks will be an advantage.
- Operate a computerized maintenance system as well as report frequently on maintenance breakdowns, preventative maintenance adherence and condition of assets.
- Plan, request and control spares needed for work.
- Anticipate labour requirements and arrange accordingly.
- Prioritise and schedule daily work and manage time to ensure that maximum productivity is met.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in good working order according to supplier’s maintenance requirements
- Complete job cards to ensure that the job card reports, job details of the work done and time taken to complete the job are recorded.
- Co-ordinate with the Planner all maintenance activities on site, routine work, and breakdown work and emergency work to minimise downtime and delays.
- Ensure quantity and quality of strategic spares is always available to ensure the minimum downtime of equipment and to minimise operational delays.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed and filed timeously.
- Ensure correct PPE is worn and available.
- Ensure that inspection of portable electrical equipment, lifting equipment, statutory and PPE is carried out.
- Hold daily maintenance tool box talks and safety meetings with the Maintenance personnel and set out daily priorities.
- Work in all weather and in dusty wet conditions, indoors, walking, climbing, holding, bending and lifting, etc.
- Work around moving machinery, at heights, in confined spaces, in the workshop and exposed to all plant hazards.
- Supervise Artisans, Contractors and Learners within the company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform standby duties.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.