- Ad Placed : 04 Nov 2020 18:00:56 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 30000 – PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
This national manufacturing company is currently looking for an experienced Quality & Projects Engineer.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the purpose of the job is to:
- Manage the plant’s quality activities and to maintain the product, process, quality and systems to agreed standards through facilitation of improvements and audits and to implement, run and test products, tooling and fixtures to ensure production of products that meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Manage the complete process of change or new development of parts, plant, equipment and processes in the local plant. Including complete project management (Design Team) from quotation stage to at least SOP +3 months (project hand over to production), focussing on optimal utilisation of equipment and any other organisational resources.
- Recognised Qualification in Quality Management (e.g. City and Guilds; Certificate in TQM).
- National Diploma in Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering.
- National Certificate in Project Management.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in a Quality & Project department within an IATF 16949 listed company
- Formal training in Auditing Techniques (ISO 9001:2025 & IATF 16949:2016 Internal Auditor, VDA 6.3:2016 Process Auditor).
- Core Tools (PPAP; FMEA; Control Plans; APQP).
- MS Projects.
- Computer literacy (intermediate-advanced).
- Risk assessment.
Key Performance Areas:
Systems and Process Compliance:
- Assist in maintaining an integrated Quality Management System structure within SharePoint management structure.
- Perform audits of the systems, processes and products on site to a defined audit schedule.
- Continually monitor the adherence to optimum process settings and controls, targeting continual improvement.
- Facilitate action teams and improvement program’s to continually improve on identified risks.
- Ensure that safety, environmental and quality standards are maintained at all times through random auditing of various standards and requirements at set intervals to set formats.
Information Management & Direction Focus:
- Ensure data collection and analyses of data trends and focus areas for improvement drives.
- Circulate data and management reports to share information on focus areas and needs for improvement.
- Control all quality-related documentation in the plant.
- Ensure that all written customer complaints are professionally responded to within specified time lines by incorporating all relevant process owners.
Management of Quality at Source:
- Continually improve upon the effective use of quality tools available to assist with improvement drives on the shop floor, at source.
- Continually monitor, measure and trend the performances within the plant to highlight and reduce risks and concerns.
- Maintain Quality registers, distribution matrices and relevant boundary samples.
- Continually measure, monitor and provide improvement plans for improving business systems efficiency and cost reduction programs at the plant.
- Maintain strong relationships with both suppliers and customers.
- Regularly audit and evaluate suppliers and complete monthly scorecards.
- Based on continual evaluation compile and circulate monthly scorecards for all suppliers to your plant.
- Co-ordinate the creation and implementation of a set of quality-related training modules for various levels of competency in quality tools and techniques for use as continual improvement tools at the plant.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.