Main Function / Purpose of Job: To manage and coordinate the introduction of new projects (including CI projects) and provide engineering support to other departments within the organisation.
1) Manage the scope and introduction of new projects, coordinating with cross functional team to ensure successful project implementations.
2) Monitor and management of project GDLS deliverables in PLEX. Ensure evidence of Milestone deliverables are available and uploaded into plex. Maintain Launch performance report.
3) Develop and manage Project timeline, ensuring that customer milestones are achieved. Any risk to project milestones to be escalated to the relevant management structures.
4) Support production, process engineering and logistic department with Facility and warehouse planning, maintain and update of plant layout drawings.
5) Support the design development and maintenance of stillages, jigs and fixtures, material handling equipment and workstations. Support buyer to source suppliers and develop specifications for these and other general equipment needs.
6) Coordinate with Equipment and tooling suppliers. Manage installation and commissioning of new plant equipment and tooling. Ensure proper commissioning reviews and sign-off procedure are followed. Ongoing liaison with tooling/equipment suppliers to ensure problem analysis and rectification.
7) Drive, facilitate and coordinate ongoing continuous improvement and waste reduction projects within the plant.
8) Interpretation/compilation and distribution of technical data within the organisation. Ensure availability of latest level drawings and maintaining of the Drawing register.
9) Develop and maintain relevant engineering QMS procedures and documents in accordance with IATF 16949 requirements and in line with company’s global quality manual and document system.
10) Perform Internal Process, Product, LPA and System audits as member of the Internal QMS audit team.
11) Support Quality Engineer with the preparation of relevant documentation and Attachments required for PPAP Submissions.
12) Carry out any reasonable instructions from management.
- A Matric Certificate
- A National Diploma/ BTech in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in production management in a manufacturing environment (experience in the automotive sector would be advantageous)
- Good understanding of IATF 16949 requirements
- Injection moulding experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Planning and Organisational Skills
- Good understanding of JIT, Kaizen, and lean manufacturing
- Good understanding of Project Management principles
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Problem-solving and analytical Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in CAD Drafting applications.
- Experience with robotic programming and PLC’s would be an advantage
- Report writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (incl. MS Project)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Willingness to work long hours
- Ability to coordinate a variety of cross-functional team members
- Strong mechanical aptitude