Financial Services Jobs offered
Advertise your job ad on Bizcommunity.
Apply for jobs with your free online cv
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
A young, dynamic, leading online retailer in Cape Town is looking for a profit analyst with a bachelor’s degree in business, finance (CIMA/CA), statistics or related field and five+ years of experience/three years of related post articles experience is required and experience in retail preferable.
- In conjunction with the senior profit analyst, to provide the business with a sound system of performance management that is aligned with the achievement of companywide financial goals. To optimise the ongoing and sustainable profit performance of the platform by providing the necessary decision-making framework and support.
- Develop and continually improve analytical capabilities, working through complex business issues, to provide actionable reporting that enables business decisions and to meet financial and strategic commitments.
- Turn business questions into functional analysis – understand the business as well as the data behind the analysis.
- Assess financial impact in terms of sales, profitability, and other performance metrics.
- Designs and performs complex, multi-variable analyses by applying appropriate statistical methodologies to determine resolutions that clarify and address operational and business concerns.
- Evaluating data to make recommendations for continued or new business direction.
- Generating results using new or existing tools.
- Considering multiple scenarios and points of view and potential outcomes for recommending actions based on analysis.
- Communicating and sharing recommendations and relevant information and iterating analyses based on different business scenarios or assumptions.
- Provide ongoing optimisation, revenue opportunities, lost opportunity analysis that the retail and marketing teams can act on to improve metrics and increase sales/revenue.
- Perform analyses to provide insights into areas of risk and opportunity to influence marketing strategies and decisions.
- Assist in marketing efficiency analyses to drive optimal return on ad spend.
- Participating in special projects as needed to provide analytical and decision support on new initiatives.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with key business partners to ensure alignment on strategies to maximise financial results.
- Application of strong commercial insight, understanding and acumen to interpret, simulate, and model customer behaviour.
- Research, gain knowledge, and keep up to date on trends in the retail and e-commerce business sector.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance (CIMA/CA).
- Statistics or related field and five+ years of experience/three years of related post articles experience is required.
- Experience in retail preferable.
- Leadership competencies.
- Personal effectiveness.
- A bias towards action.
- Passion for the brand and customers.
- Thinking strategically and commercially.
- Delivering high performance.
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Making insightful business decisions.
We seek to employ extraordinary minds, people who are:
- Experts at doing, they can not only design but also execute.
- Analytical: Able to use data to make decisions. Letting data decide but not consume.
- Competitive: Although innovation is important, great requires a lot of work.
- Curious: Always questioning the status quo.
- Not averse to risk.
- Business smart: Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical, product and service input.
- Self-directed, taking action based on own initiative.
- User-focused, always trying to understand a product from the user’s perspective.
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
- Strong analytical skills with a solid foundation in statistical techniques.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of the marketing, accounting, decision support models, operations, and financial levers.
Posted on 11 Apr 15:42
087 351 0743
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
Get job alerts for Analyst jobs
- Intermediate-Senior Front-End Business Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Data Analyst/Team Lead, Cape Town
- Senior Business Analyst, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- SAP Test Analyst, Cape Town, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Data Analyst, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Operational Support IT Analyst, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Actuarial Analyst, Johannesburg, Midrand Area, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Product Launch Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Intermediate Test Analyst – Web UI Testing, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Senior Business Analyst, Western Cape, Capfin
- IT Quality Test Analyst, Western Cape, Capfin
- Research Analyst, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Capfin
- BI Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Analyst Developer – C#, Cape Town, Datafin
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Lead Analyst Programmer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Analyst Programmer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Data Analyst – SPSS, Cape Town, Cape Town CBD, LayerCake recruitment
- Market Research Data Analyst – Insurance, Cape Town, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Junior Test Analyst, Cape Town, Liquorice
- Data Analyst, Cape Town, Mark1
- Data Analyst, Cape Town, Constantia, Recruit Digital
- Systems Analyst, Cape Town, RecruitU
- Application Support Analyst, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Business Analyst/Product Owner, Cape Town, Century City
- Quality Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- Systems Analyst, Cape Town, Bellville, EOH Recruitment Solutions
- Intermediate Business Analyst, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, EOH Recruitment Solutions