- Ad Placed : 17 Jul 2020 18:00:32 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry :
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
An opportunity has arisen at this global manufacturing concern for a Mechanical Engineering Manager. Reporting directly to the Divisional Head: Engineering and Projects, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the Engineering department within the PCR Plant.
- B.Sc or S4 Technical Diploma (Mechanical and/or Electrical Government Certificate of Competency).
- Electrical Engineers Certificate of Competency (GCC) is a must.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years proven experience in a leadership position gained in a manufacturing environment is key to success.
- Experience in the application of World Class Manufacturing techniques and a high degree of computer literacy is essential.
- Direct and co-ordinate the Engineering activity of the Production Maintenance, Engineering Support and Project Engineering teams, as well as planning, directing and controlling plant improvement projects.
- Analyse plant and equipment failures, initiating and following through action plan to reduce to a level insignificance and to implement the permanent fix.
- Set and maintain Engineering standards and systems of the process plant and equipment.
- Teach and coach the Engineering, Production and Support teams regarding Engineering and process matters.
- Develop and implement Engineering and process technology, operating philosophies and practices to optimise product quality and eliminate waste through yield improvement and engineering machine availability.
- Ensure that all engineering systems and standards are in place and audited.
- Provide technical expertise and support for Engineering, Production and Product Technical departments.
- Provision of effective engineering maintenance planning and maintenance information support activities.
- Plan and control total plant Capex and departmental budgets.
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate all activities regarding compliance to South African Law as regards the OHSA, Environmental and other applicable legislation.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.