|Remuneration:||R8000 – R12000 per month Basic salary|
We are a social enterprise changing the way the informal economy trades. Our digital marketplace, available on mobile phones, connects informal micro-
enterprises with local customers living in informal settlements (townships) looking for their services. Whether a resident of a township needs to paint their house or paint their
nails, WOM connects them with local services they can afford and trust. Micro-entrepreneurs who sign-up, pay a monthly fee, and gain access to formal supply chains and group discounts, shared resources, and training so they can grow as their businesses do.
Since launching just over a year ago, we have signed up over 11,000 users (customers), completing hundreds of jobs, to generate over 750,000 ZAR in income for our members, often doubling or trebling their monthly income. Successes that have led us to secure partnerships with Old Mutual and become shortlisted as a finalist for the Google Impact Awards, and now the 2020 Dubai Expo Innovation Awards.
We are excited to now be hiring for our Operations and Communications Intern. The role will be responsible for making sure that everything runs smoothly, from our daily booking management to our Member onboarding. If we are doing it, you are involved. The role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to be there at the start, like being on the front row at The Soil’s first gig, being in Steve Job’s garage with his first computer, or being Chinua Achebe’s editor for “When Things Fall Apart”.
Culture and fit
- We are a small, young, energetic team who love tea, our work, good humour, better music, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude (in no particular order);
- We are all committed to learning, to new ideas, and to be better than we were last month;
- We do not enjoy egos, jobsworths, lots of ideas with no execution, bad tea, and low expectations; and
- We believe in local solutions and are committed to building a platform for, by and with the informal economy.
Roles and responsibilities
- Daily booking coordinator tasks and management of booking schedule for the day.
- Purchasing of stock under the Supply chain function of WOM;
- Coordinate the Membership onboarding and assessment processes;
- Coordinate Member engagements and events;
- Maintain and update members’ details in WOM’s CRM (Hubspot) to ensure data is accurate and up to date at all times;
- Development and maintenance of content for social media, including Instagram and WhatsApp;
- Co-ordinating marketing and sales activities;
- General office support and administration; and
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by management
Note: As we operate over weekends, some Saturday shifts are required and will be compensated at overtime rates.
Experience and skills
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as marketing, management or operations preferable;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities in a very fast-paced environment and always land on your feet (think ninja cat);
- Must be fluent in English and Xhosa;
- Experience in a start-up desirable; and
- Good sense of humour and hard-working attitude is a must, if you like the shallow end, this isn’t for you.
Remuneration and benefits
- Market-related salary (depending on experience)
- Open Office Bar on Fridays;
- Unlimited Tea/Coffee/Snacks.
- Start Date: 1 August 2020
- Situated: HO, Woodstock
- Hours: Full-time
Posted on 29 Jul 14:04