|Own transport required:||Yes|
Expat Explore Travel, the leader in budget group tour operator is looking for a highly skilled online marketing manager. This is role is contract based with the opportunity to transition to full-time.
This is a key, high profile role reporting to the chief marketing officer with responsibility for driving the sales performance and online brand awareness for the organisation and its upcoming sister brands. The business operates in the exciting, fast-paced, highly competitive leisure group travel market and this role is pivotal to the company succeeding in its ambition to be the leading player in globally. The role has responsibility for all online propositions and sales, customer journey, commercial insight and analysis.
We are looking for an individual who has proven experience in digital marketing management. Experience in the planning and execution of multichannel results driven marketing campaigns across a large number of key markets within the travel sector. As a key stakeholder, it’s essential you’re able to work collaboratively across different departments and functions whilst having the ability to influence at all levels.
A customer-centric approach to the position will be essential, as this organisation understands that a painless customer experience leads seamlessly to improved conversion, higher customer retention and inevitably better revenue!
Managing a team, you’ll have strategic autonomy but it’s essential that you adopt a hands-on approach. This role is critical in delivering growth to the business with multi-channel marketing projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the digital marketing teams which comprise of, and not limited to the Web development, Design, Content, Paid Advertising, Email and Social Media team members and motivating individuals to take ownership and responsibility for their tasks.
- Communicate effectively and drive strong collaboration amongst the team members.
- Be a culture champion of our brand by growing our brand values amongst your team members.
- KPI performance management
Strategy and planning:
- Responsible for planning of all digital marketing strategy and tactical plans in conjunction with CMO.
- Devising strategies to drive additional online targeted traffic to the e-commerce website and other digital assets.
- Very effective budget management – the ability to maximize revenue from tactical budget allocation.
Project and campaign management:
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to ensure that digital marketing, e-commerce and sales processes are aligned with the customer’s digital source-to-sale journey.
- Tracking conversion rates and recommending improvements on websites.
- Managing the execution of strategies alongside our conversion rate optimisation partners to improve the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website in line with the overarching brand and marketing goals.
- Developing and managing digital marketing campaigns
- Managing online brand and product-launch campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data
Communication and reporting:
- monthly reporting across all marketing efforts.
- Evaluate effectiveness of campaigns through calculating Return on investment and optimise campaigns accordingly.
- Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Work effectively inside communication and project management tools like WRIKE and SLACK.
Expat Explore offers tour packages to destinations across Europe, the UK, Turkey, Greece, Croatia and Egypt, leading passengers to over 35 countries on more than 50 different tour itineraries. We’re the leading budget group tour operator.
- Diploma/certificate/degree in marketing as well as at least five years’ digital marketing experience.
- Proven track record in delivering sales through online marketing.
- Experience managing websites (transactional) and web projects.
- Extensive knowledge of SEO, PPC, social media channels, affiliates.
- You have a good understanding of web development processes, best practices.
- You have a basic understanding of coding.
- In-depth understanding and experience with Google’s paid advertising platform required.
- In-depth understanding and experience with Facebook’s paid advertising platform required.
- Understanding of social media monitoring tools such as Sprout Social Media, Hootsuite, etc.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to objectively critique online activity and provide solutions
- Confident in the use of Adobe Photoshop, email send providers, HTML, Dreamweaver, Google Analytics, CMS and WordPress
- Practical experience in the use of email marketing software, A/B and multivariate optimisation and personalisation engines
- Understanding of UX and the customer journey
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Planning, budgeting and organisational skills
- Extensive experience using Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible and adaptable to new challenges
- Must have a valid drivers licence, own transport, and be willing to travel to office daily.
- Passionate about travel.
- You consider yourself as someone with strong family values.
- You don’t like comfort. You can’t help but always challenge yourself.
- You’re a knowledge seeker. You’re on an endless journey to absorb and learn from others, no matter who.
- Even though you’re incredibly ambitious, you find comfort in working under another leader/manager.
- Great people’s person and you have very good emotional IQ.
- You can apply great focus to anything you do and don’t find yourself scatterbrained easily.
- Ability to navigate effectively through conflict, personally and also within group dynamics.
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work, take ownership of projects, and is willing to work as part of a team and take direction from managers. You see criticism as a springboard for your own growth.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail. Borderline perfectionist.
- Even tempered and thrives under pressure, can multi-task, and is not afraid of challenges.
- Ability to inspire, manage and motivate a team
Posted on 24 Apr 15:47
Expat Explore Travel
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Marketing Manager jobs
- Email Marketing Manager/CRM Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Retail Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Digital Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Newlands, Claremont
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Pinelands, Southern Suburbs
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Sparkplugs Recruitment
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Sales/Marketing Professional – Telesales/Research, Cape Town, Salt River
- Marketing Campaign Manager, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Traffic Manager – Marketing, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- Digital Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Time Personnel