|Job level:||Management Snr|
Edward Snell & Co. (Pty) Ltd was founded in 1848, and is currently the largest privately owned spirits business in South Africa. The company not only bottles, markets and distributes its own brands but a great work ethic, integrity and the personal touch have led to long-standing and well-trusted relationships with some of the most successful spirit brands in the world.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the National On-Trade Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining a high performance sales organization in the On Trade nationally. You will need to demonstrate the ability to professionally develop and coach teams, strategy development, project management skills, problem solving, change management skills, the ability to present information both verbally and in writing, exceptional negotiation skills, the ability to build positive working relationships both internally and externally.
Key deliverables will be:
- Developing effective sales strategies for the On Trade market
- Developing competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
- Delivering against set VMAPP standard measures
- Providing leadership through the effective communication of a vision and active coaching and development, while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct course when necessary.
- Re-engineering or creating new processes and systems to overcome obstacles in meeting objectives
- Partnering with the Manager: Corporate and Strategic Accounts to develop and manage excellent customer relationships
- Accurately analysing the market and reporting on market conditions in South Africa
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts for the on trade base
- Identifying and managing Key Accounts and Regional Group outlets
- Developing campaign and activity calendars by account
- Timeously completing and submitting campaign feedback reports
- Negotiating and timeously renewing Trade Exchange Agreements for National Key and Group Accounts.
- Hiring, inducting, training, developing and retaining sales staff
To qualify, you will need:
- A BCom degree in Business, or similar
- At least five to eight years in a Senior Sales Management role, with proven knowledge and expertise in the On Trade
- Knowledge of the liquor market (Solid FMCG experience in the On Trade would be considered.)
- Proven ability to build, develop, lead and manage a high performance sales team
- To be able to travel extensively and work after hours
A highly competitive package is available
Posted on 19 Oct 14:55