Online Media Jobs offered
Advertise your job ad on Bizcommunity.
Apply for jobs with your free online cv
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
- Produce newsworthy stories that are well researched, accurate, balanced and well written for the African NEws Agency.
- Produce high quality stories, that are error free and ready for publication for all platforms
- Establish a strong network of contacts
- Editing copy that complies with legal, style and space requirements
- Follow up stories
- Use social media to drive readership
- Supply links, pictures, audio and or videos
- Use social media to break news and engage with online audience
- Generate ideas for unique story packages and community focus and reader engagement
- Manage a personal diary
- Initiate stories
- Meet the deadline demand of the title whilst projecting a positive image
- Must have a tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent.
- Must have and be able to supply a contactable list of high profile contacts.
- Have a strong presence on social media with a number of followers.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must have extensive contact base
- Must have at least three years’ journalism experience working on multiple platforms
- Having a formal training qualification in multimedia journalism would be advantageous.
- Have a flair for tackling and writing a wide variety of stories.
- Be technologically well advanced on all social network platforms
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills in gathering news and presenting news
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with high-level contacts
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Be a self – starter that shows initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be extremely motivated and driven to work in a highly pressurised fast pace environment.
- Be highly flexible working long, irregular hours night shift, weekends and public holidays
- Be prepared to travel long distances across the province and country.
- The ability to work under constant deadlines pressure
Posted on 13 Apr 13:24
Independent Media – African News Agency
– Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Get job alerts for Journalist jobs
Advertising and Media Recruitment Specialists
Jhb: 011 883 5404
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media Industries
Lynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989
Advertising, Marketing, Media & Retail