Our client, who operates in the mining sector is currently looking to employ a Mine Supervisor/Foreman/General Manager/Quality Controller for a ‘small’ open cast mine near Grahamstown.
Must have 3 years in Open Cast Mine Management, with processing plant experience or have quarry, brickworks, coal mine experience
Reporting to: General Manager
- To manage all mining and production activities at the Mine in order to ensure the most efficient, production of quality, and cost effective products in accordance with the company’s short and long term plans.
- To ensure compliance with statutory requirements of all legislation applicable to the Mine and to maintain a very healthy relationship with the DMR and to actively promote a safety culture that will ensure ongoing zero LTI’s at the mine.
- Ensure legal compliance as laid out in MHSA,MPRDA, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Meeting production Targets.
- Scheduling of production according to different products and orders.
- Controlling of all material movements to and from various production units.
- Allocating resources for production: People, Vehicles, Equipment, raw materials maintenance.
- Optimise machine available hours and tons per hour produced.
- Maintaining stock levels such that customer orders can be met.
- Liaising with Buyer to ensure supply of all requirements.
- Optimal utilisation of people, Plant and machinery.
- Ensure that all health and safety aspects are addressed and that each and every employee, contractor is made aware of his/her responsibilities and accountabilities in this regard.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3 years in Open Cast Mine Management, with processing plant experience
- 5 years people management
- 3 years Extensive independent dealings with the Department of Mineral Resources
- Grade 12
- Technical Qualification (Diploma, N5 or Trade Test)
- Knowledge of MHSA, OHSAS, ISO 18001,9001
- Knowledge of earth-moving equipment
- Intermediate Computer literacy
- Industrial Relations (Unionised environment)
- Examination and Declaring Safe of Quarries, dumps and Stockpiles (Advantageous)
- Statutory Compliance for Surface Mines (Advantageous)
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.