Our client, who is a mining company, has open cast mines in five of the nine provinces in South Africa. This position is based in Grahamstown.
To manage all mining and production activities in order to ensure the most efficient, production of quality, and cost-effective products in accordance with the company’s short- and long-term plans.
To ensure compliance with statutory requirements of all legislation applicable to the Mine and to maintain a very healthy relationship with the DMR and to actively promote a safety culture that will ensure ongoing zero LTI’s at the mine.
Reporting to: General Manager
EDUCATION: Grade 12, with a Technical Qualification
- 3 years in Open Cast Mine Management, with processing plant experience
- 5 years people management
- 3 years Extensive independent dealings with the Department of Mineral Resources
- Examination and Declaring Safe of Quarries, dumps and Stockpiles (Advantageous
- Statutory Compliance for Surface Mines (Advantageous)