|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
An opportunity has become available in our leisurewear team for a confident, energetic and resilient merchandise planner who can think laterally and who possesses strong analytical, logical reasoning and the numerical abilities required to oversee the merchandise planning for the required leisurewear portfolio in adherence to the Cape Union Mart Group standards.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to align with the company vision, be self-motivated and actively involved in overseeing the end to end process in the applicable area of responsibility. In addition, the successful candidate should have the high energy levels required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Achieving turnover, GP and stock budgets and other KPIs.
- Post seasonal analysis, strategic planning, range and assortment planning.
- Budgeting and forecasting in order to achieve all KVIs plan and maximise profitability in replenishment type product as well as fashion.
- Stock control and distribution whereby you ensure that the product assortments, volumes and store and product attributes are maximised.
- Liaising effectively with stores, suppliers, customers, shipping and marketing.
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum three years’ experience as a retail/merchandise/product planner within a retail environment
- Matric ad graduate qualification in a related field
- Microsoft Office proficiency with Advanced Excel
- Reporting systems
- Proficiency in Arthur/Enterprise Planning/AIM planning system.
- Good articulation with excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Sound numerical, analytical thinking and logical problem-solving skills
- Strong merchant, trader and commercial mentality
- A team collaborator with strong strategic and forward thinking
- Strong planning, organising, administrating and coordinating skills
- Ability to work independently, self-lead and use initiative
- Methodical, detail-orientated and accurate
- Deadline and outcomes focused
- Resilient and tenacious in a pressurised, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of the organisation
Posted on 02 Jun 17:10
Cape Union Mart
Cape Union Mart International (Pty) Ltd has been equipping South African adventurers since 1933, and is South Africa’s favourite outdoor adventure store. Stocking everything one needs for outdoor pursuits – including hiking, camping, trail running, mountain biking, snow sports, travel and more – Cape Union Mart is an essential first step in every adventure. Cape Union Mart has stores across South Africa, and in Namibia and Botswana.
Get job alerts for Planner jobs
- Planner, Cape Town, Salt River
- Event Planner, Cape Town, Diep River, Southern Suburbs
- Production Planner, Cape Town, Talented Recruitment
- Senior Integrated Strategic Planner, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Merchandise Planner, Cape Town, CBD, Talented Recruitment
- Senior Planner, Cape Town, Media24
- Merchandise Planner, Cape Town and Surrounds, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Merchandise Planner, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Merchandise Planner, Cape Town, CBD, MPRTC Recruitment
- Junior Strategist, Cape Town
- Accountant, Cape Town
- Audit Methodology Specialist – Qualified CA SA, Cape Town, Century City, West Coast Personnel
- Junior Tax Consultant, Cape Town, Century City, West Coast Personnel
- Cost Accountant, Cape Town
- Digital Strategist, Cape Town, CBD, Liquorice
- Logistics Coordinator, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Sales/Marketing PA/Assistant, Cape Town, Montague Gardens, LayerCake recruitment
- Assistant Accountant, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Assistant Accountant, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Planning Manager – Fashion, Cape Town, CBD, Cape Union Mart
- Accountant, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Article Clerk – SAIPA/SAICA, Boland, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group
- Client Accountant, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
- Tax Accountant – Individual Tax/Private Wealth, Cape Town, Constantia
- Logistics Supervisor, Cape Town, Bridgena Barnard Personnel Group