Our client in the Tourism sector (private game reserve), and based just outside of Grahamstown, is seeking to employ an experienced Mechanical Workshop Manager.
Please Note: This is a live-in position on the private game reserve – accommodation will be provided.
- Relevant Qualification – Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate is preferable.
- At least 5 Years’ relevant work experience: Mechanical fault-finding, repair, and maintenance.
- Experience in managing a workshop.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Hands-on supervision of all workshop activities.
- Perform trouble shooting and diagnostics procedure on: Farm equipment, including tractors, bulldozers, TLB’S, trucks, game viewing vehicles, LDV’s, passenger vehicles, trailers, as well as generators and other machinery.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Carry out weekly inspection of all vehicles for maintenance & schedule repair work.
- Ensure that warranties are properly followed up, monitored, and documented.
- Manage documented preventative maintenance program for all vehicles and machinery.
- Responsible for responding to stuck vehicles, accidents and other unforeseen issues when needed.
- Responsible for replenishing stock.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs.
- Ensuring that work is carried out safely and efficiently.
- Adhere to Health & Safety regulations.
- Manage Workshop staff and drive the focus of direct reports, holding individuals accountable for their KPI’s.
- Provide on-the-job training, as well as mentoring to helpers.
- Conduct final check / test driving for all vehicles / trucks prior to release.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.