|Location:||Cape Town, Stellenbosch|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Lecturer: Computer Science
The Department of Mathematical Sciences is responsible for teaching and research in mathematics, applied mathematics and computer science at Stellenbosch University. The Computer Science Division is keen to strengthen its research in existing active research groups in particular, artificial intelligence, automata theory, natural language processing, software engineering, program analysis, and computer networks (More information is available on our webpage: www.cs.sun.ac.za)
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate computer science modules
- Research in one or more of division’s research focus areas
- Advising and supervising postgraduate students
- Administrative roles on a rotational basis.
- PhD in computer science or computer engineering;
- Teaching experience in computer science on at least the level of teaching assistant at tertiary level;
- Academic publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals or conference proceedings, appropriate to the level of the post;
- A strong research background in at least one of the division’s research focus areas (see above);
- Good verbal and verbal communication skills in at least English.
- Experience in student supervision on honours (or 4th year) project level or at least co-supervision experience on a higher level.
Commencement of duties: 1 July 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 21 April 2017
Enquiries regarding this post: Prof J Geldenhuys on
or 021 808 4232
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021 808 2753
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports by the closing date directly to the following address: The Manager: Personnel Provisioning & Planning, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland 7602; e-mail:
; fax: 021 808 2484.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Posted on 12 Apr 12:02