This global FMCG corporate is currently looking for a Group Internal Audit Head. Reporting directly to the Group Finance Director, you will take functional direction from the Group Head of Audit, Financial Control & Risk.
You will lead an efficient internal audit service to the Group through effectively managing a team of Internal Auditors in auditing the Group’s operating entities. Whilst required to maintain an appropriate degree of independence, the role is an integral and important member of the Group’s Finance Leadership team.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B.Com (Honours), CIA or CA (SA) with “Big 4” experience preferred.
- 10+ years audit experience in a Senior Management role, with a strong people, process and systems orientation.
- Proven financial experience in a manufacturing and/or commercial operating environment will be beneficial.
- Sound track record in effectively engaging, influencing and partnering with senior stakeholders in the business.
- Proven, effective people leadership skills and experience in leading, coaching and developing an Internal Audit team.
- Sound business acumen, with the ability to anticipate and interpret and unravel complex issues impacting the business.
- Strong service delivery ethic, with proven action orientation and timely adherence to deadlines under high pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable legislation, business information systems, and administration systems and procedures.
- Proven problem solving skills, with a solutions-focused and continuous improvement mindet.
- Excellent analytical skills, with high attention to detail, and a proven ability to transform data into information.
- Proven audit reporting writing skills and strong proficiency in the MS Office suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills in a complex organization with matrix reporting lines.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure that the annual internal audit plans, based on Internal Audit priorities set the Audit Committee and agreed with the Group Finance Director and Group Head of Audit, Financial Control & Risk, are implemented and completed to a high standard, with an emphasis on both compliance and operational risk.
- Ensure internal audits are conducted with adherence to the requirements. policies, procedures and audit manual.
- Obtain a thorough understanding and insight of the key drivers, objectives and activities of the businesses.
- Evaluate the extent to which entities are performing their control functions of planning, accounting, custodial and monitoring according to required standards, including complying with statutory requirements and company policies.
- With the emphasis on partnering with the business, rather than “policing”, perform consulting-type activities to support the embedding of control consciousness into ongoing business projects.
- Highlight areas of non-compliance to management and recommend cost effective enhancements to systems and procedures.
- Drive the use and development of data analytic tools and automated tests/monitory controls for all operating entities.
- Where exceptions are identified through data analytics, ensure investigation and adequate reporting is completed.
- Investigate issues of financial control breakdowns and/or frauds and manage to a successful conclusion.
- Develop excellent working relationships with all Internal Audit’s key stakeholders to facilitate open and honest communication as a trusted business partner.
- Take ownership to complete own audit fieldwork and lead adhoc investigations (where necessary). This may involve the use and management of external resources, as well as ensuring that the annual audit plan is completed.
- Prepare audit logs, quarterly reports, audit committee papers and annual audit plans. Attend and present audit committee papers at selected audit committee meetings.
- Facilitate and monitor the performance of Application Control Reviews with External & Internal Auditors.
- Support and audit the Group’s Anti-Bribery and Corruption program and address any non-compliance.
- Support and maintain a complete Whistle-Blowing procedure.
- Achieve the internal audit key performance indicators and ensure audits are conducted in accordance with the IIA standards.
- Lead, coach and develop the Internal Audit team.
- Manage, guide and review the work of Internal Auditors assisting in audit assignments and special investigations.
- Co-ordinate Internal Audit team during out of town assignments.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.