|Remuneration:||R3500 per month Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Discovery Group Life Cover|
|Company:||Community Media Trust|
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a South African NGO focusing on communication in the fields of basic human rights. CMT aims to empower individuals and communities, encouraging them to take part in managing and improving their own lives, promoting healthy and health-seeking behaviour and basic human rights. It does this through media and outreach programmes that provide scientific information in a format that is easy to understand. Please visit our website to find out more about CMT – www.cmt.org.za.
CMT is seeking to employ suitably qualified Girls Club Mentors to work in an after school program in Brits. Due to the unique nature of the programme, females are encouraged to apply. This positions’ hours of work averages a minimum of between 15–20 hours per week.
Key duties and responsibilities (may include but are not limited to)
- Work in an after school program within Brits that aligns in-school and out-of-school learning, provides academic support and enrichment opportunities by assisting and guiding the girls in the clubs to develop their assets.
- Mentors are expected to leverage community resources and engage parents to enhance programming.
- Mentors will maintain the integrity of the Girls Club, of CMT mission and goals demonstrating the Club culture and values at all times.
- Comply with ad-hoc requests from your supervisor
To apply please submit
- A completed online CMT Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies
- Your updated CV (maximum three pages) which includes a one-page cover letter
To the attention HR Assistant – quoting the job reference: BRITS/GCM/072020 in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only online applications with both the above documents will be accepted.
CMT is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. CMT reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
Closing date: 20 July 2020 (12 PM)
Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- Punctuality, discretion, tact and diplomacy (essential to maintain complete confidentiality of information)
- Strong team player with exceptional people skills, broad-minded and able to manage a varied and multicultural environment
- Deciding and initiating action
- Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative and acts with confidence and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity
- Persuading and influencing
- Makes a strong personal impression on others
- Excellent organisational skills
- Disciplined approach to meeting deadlines
- Confident and assertive in dealing with stakeholders on whom dependency for information rests
- Proactive and committed to identifying and executing improvements and efficiencies.
- Seeks to go beyond role requirements and aims for high performance.
- Takes responsibility for actions.
- Matric (or equivalent)
- Two to four years of relevant experience
- Good communication and strong organisational/logistical skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, TB and other related health issues required
- Ability to cope in a pressurised environment
Posted on 06 Jul 16:32
Apply by email