This global organisation, listed on the JSE Securities Exchange, is currently looking for a Manager – Financial Reporting.
Purpose of the Role:
- Provide consolidation financial results for the group and sub-groups both for financial reporting (IFRS basis) and for management.
- Proactively assist divisional teams to prepare financial information which complies with IFRS, and accurately reflects the status of the company’s performance.
- Provide timely and accurate financial results for submission to the Board and for external reporting purposes (including consolidated group financial statements.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- CA (SA) or similar.
- Minimum 3 years’ post articles experience.
- SAP and HFM experience, an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Monthly Consolidation of Group Results:
- Provide monthly consolidated financial results of performance of sub-consolidations and the group.
- Analyse financial results against budgets, forecasts and prior year results.
- Respond to queries raised on financial results by group CFO and CEO
Annual and Half Yearly Reporting Process:
- Provide consolidated income statements and statements of financial positions in compliance with IFRS.
- Engage with Auditors to ensure financial results are accurate and comply with the group’s accounting policies.
- Implement any changes required by new or revised IFRS standards.
- Provide consolidated group financial statements in compliance with all requirements of the JSE and IFRS.
- Submission and review of divisional three-year financial plans.
- Ensure all budgets are accurate, complete and aligned to strategic initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance to Divisional Managers and CFO’s.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Financial Accountants and Managers.
- Provide assistance on key accounting and HFM issues identified by divisions.
- Strong IFRS knowledge.
- HFM knowledge.
- SAP knowledge.
- Planning, organization and co-ordination.
- Negotiation and influencing.
- Relationship building.
- Strong people management skills.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Problem solving.
- Critical thinking.
- Analytical and evaluative thinking.
- Process driven.
- Ability to create processes to drive efficiencies.
- Tolerance of stress and pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to identify and co-ordinate shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies, policies and practices.
- Ability to work effectively with Divisional CFO’s, Financial Managers and people of varying skill sets.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.