DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- To ensure implementation of financial controls including the accuracy and validity of financial reports.
- To provide financial management and provision of timely and accurate information and business support to assist strategic and business decision-making.
- To support executive management in the attainment of financial objectives by preparing and analysing the business’s financial results, identifying areas of concern and recommendations for improvement.
The following are considered to be key minimum requirements for the position:
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s in Accounting
- Minimum/Previous experience: Must have a strong accounting background with a minimum of 5 years’ management experience
- Needs to be computer literate with a sound understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Outlook)
- Must have leadership experience in managing other staff
- Sound understanding of the company environment would be an advantage
- Jonas would be advantageous
- Manage preparation and maintenance of financial records including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, inventories and fixed assets
- Oversee the overall budget preparation, management and monitoring processes
- Ensure monthly and annual financial reports are prepared and delivered timeously
- Perform financial analysis to ensure accuracy and correctness of financial data
- Monitor and manage all expenditure within the allotted budget
- Proactively manage the financial/admin team and ensure they deliver quality service to internal and external customers and adhere to policies and procedures
- Develop and manage standard accounting processes and procedures to improve financial operations efficiency
- Ensure accurate payroll submissions and calculations of benefits to employees
- Ensuring HR compliance as well as monitoring of training and development of employees
- Compliance with tax, legislative & statutory requirements
- Responsible for the Employment Equity duties of the company
- Coordinate and submit all required information for B-BBEE verification
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.