A leading telecommunications company in Durban is looking for a finance administrator to join their team.
Purpose of the role
To support the business unit with the administration as well as in-depth operational and financial reporting. Extraction of information in the required format in order to support analytical projects. Building of financial models which will assist the business unit in determining future profitability, financial position and possible risks by building exhaustive, dependable and adaptive financial models.
- Two to four years’ experience in a similar role.
- University degree (or equivalent qualification) in finance, management accounting, or mathematics.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge essential, together with excellent numeracy skills. Experience of QlikView an advantage.
- Budgeting skills.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to calculate, forecast, and estimate financial numbers.
Key performance areas:
- Daily/weekly/monthly reports for business.
- Prepare reconciliations to assist with trend analysis.
- Prepare operational and risk reports for management analysis.
- Provision of ad-hoc information to assist with financial advice and decision support.
Preparation of monthly and daily reports
- Identify trends.
- Assemble and summarise data to structure sophisticated reports.
- Maintain and update existing models.
Consolidate and analyse financial data, taking into account the business goals and strategy
- Modelling of profit model for sales channels and products – these models would be used when testing projects by performing calculations and making recommendations based on the information. They must also summarise events for the end user and provide direction regarding possible actions or alternatives
Budgeting and forecasting
- Review and update forecasting models on a monthly basis.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts and monitor actual performance against said forecasts and budgets.
- Review of financial information and recommending profit improvement opportunities and cost saving opportunities.
Posted on 19 Jun 16:01