A leading company in Durban is looking for an export controller.
Core knowledge and skills:
- Matric + three years’ ships agency experience(essential requirement)
- Relevant shipping courses
- Fully computer literate
- Excellent customer service/relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Throughout vessel operation (start to finish of a vessel)
- Firming stack dates and following up with all clients.
- Ensuring that EDIS are done and Navis cross checked (ensure that all bookings are appearing on the Navis system).
- Firm up all bookings once stacks are firm.
- Special containers have to be checked and monitored.
- Assist clients with pre-advising export containers.
- Capturing data on the internal system.
- Checking sob, invoicing clients, and releasing bills of lading. All EFTs and invoice to be handed over to accounts.
- Ensuring all information for bills is received timeously and is correct as per port requirements.
- Ensuring POD, IMCO/UN/TEMP/CONSEC codes and vents details as per booking/bill and N76.
- Compiling DG Manifest and Reefer Lists and submitting Reefer List to various PODs and Ops department.
- Preparing cargo dues and submitting MTY manifest to customs and NPA.
- Submit full manifests to customs and NPA after closing vessel.
- Completed files should be checked and handed over for auditing.
- Framing CTOs for carrier haulage and ensuring that containers are moved into stack timeously
- Ensuring relevant charges for carrier haulage and ex stack containers, etc., are collected prior to bill of lading being released
- Notifying clients when vessel stacks are firm, thereafter reconciliation of stack containers vs non-stack containers
- Responsible for taking the necessary steps for containers to be stacked and arrange late/early arrivals where necessary
- Stamping client’s CTOs, ensuring POD, weights, IMCO/UN/TEMP/CONSEC codes and vents details as per booking
- Compiling DG manifest and reefer lists and submitting same to operations
Posted on 14 Jun 13:11